Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

Addon Scenery Wish List

I'm looking for FS2002/2004 addon scenery for the following airports (to go with FSNavigator's round the world flights):OKBK - Kuwait InternationalKORD - Chicago O'Hare (odd that no one has released a payware or freeware version of O'Hare. Haven't found one yet anyway!)KLAX - Los Angeles International (Ditto!)KFPD - Orly, Paris, France (Charles De Gaul International would be an acceptable alternative)Freeware would be preferred (naturally!), but of course I would welcome payware if a freeware version isn't to be had..I'm looking for just the individual scenery for these airports rather than a package of airports which includes one or more of the above (though if the price was right...)

I'm looking for FS2002/2004 addon scenery for the following airports (to go with FSNavigator's round the world flights):OKBK - Kuwait InternationalKORD - Chicago O'Hare (odd that no one has released a payware or freeware version of O'Hare. Haven't found one yet anyway!)KLAX - Los Angeles International (Ditto!)KFPD - Orly, Paris, France (Charles De Gaul International would be an acceptable alternative)Freeware would be preferred (naturally!), but of course I would welcome payware if a freeware version isn't to be had..I'm looking for just the individual scenery for these airports rather than a package of airports which includes one or more of the above (though if the price was right...)
KORD- -- http://www.fsdreamte...cts_oharex.htmlKLAX -- https://store3.esell...ultiCatalog.htmOrly or LFPG -- http://www.aerosoft....ow70,5616991130

Danny F

And I just recently downloaded a freeware version of OKBK - Kuwait International, although I can't remember from where. I would suggest you keep looking (and use a different search engine than the one you've been using :( ) -- I'll try to find OKBK in the meantime.Do you have this link?: http://www.freewarescenery.com/fs2004.php

And I just recently downloaded a freeware version of OKBK - Kuwait International, although I can't remember from where. I would suggest you keep looking (and use a different search engine than the one you've been using :( ) -- I'll try to find OKBK in the meantime.Do you have this link?: http://www.freewarescenery.com/fs2004.php
It didn't occur to me to try looking for OKBK via a search engine! Previously I had only looked in AVSIM and FlightSim.com's library files. The only thing I found was an AFCAD file, no full blown scenery file for it. I'll try Google or Yahoo...I've been to the site of the above link as well. The file for OKBK it lists is the AFCAD file in AVSIM's library file...I'll keep looking!

The screen shots for Chicago and Orly are *really* impressive! While I usually prefer freeware scenery (don't we all!) both look like they are worth every penny! The system requirements for Orly would be somewhat taxing on my system being that its only a 2.2 GHz system. It does have 2Gb of ram and a 512k graphics card (GeForce 7600 GS) which might off set the slow CPU. I just might go with Aerosoft's France 2 package since my system more than meets it's system requirements. Since Charles De Gaulle airport has taken over as Paris' main international airport switching to it would be appropriate. I'd just have to update the FSNavigator flights using Orly to use De Gaulle instead...Do you know if screen shots for the KLAX scenery are available anywhere? (none were on the link above)....Thanks for the suggestions!

The screen shots for Chicago and Orly are *really* impressive! While I usually prefer freeware scenery (don't we all!) both look like they are worth every penny! The system requirements for Orly would be somewhat taxing on my system being that its only a 2.2 GHz system. It does have 2Gb of ram and a 512k graphics card (GeForce 7600 GS) which might off set the slow CPU. I just might go with Aerosoft's France 2 package since my system more than meets it's system requirements. Since Charles De Gaulle airport has taken over as Paris' main international airport switching to it would be appropriate. I'd just have to update the FSNavigator flights using Orly to use De Gaulle instead...Do you know if screen shots for the KLAX scenery are available anywhere? (none were on the link above)....Thanks for the suggestions!
The FSDT KORD is awesome BUT very hard on frame rates. But you can "try before you buy" so you have nothing to lose. Good luck with itAn option for KLAX that is freeware and FPS friendly can be found by downloading the last release for FS9 of "Jetways And Terminals For ACOF" It will use portions of the default scenery (which aren't too bad) but add other elements including jetways (obviously) and is a definite improvement over the default. But if you use this file, be aware that it includes a lot of airports world wide and you have to be careful you are not setting up conflicts with other sceneries. It's easy to see which ones they are and if you have that same airport added on elsewhere, just delete the appropriate scenery files in Jetways And Terminals For ACOF. (You'll find it here on AVSIM)

The FSDT KORD is awesome BUT very hard on frame rates. But you can "try before you buy" so you have nothing to lose. Good luck with itAn option for KLAX that is freeware and FPS friendly can be found by downloading the last release for FS9 of "Jetways And Terminals For ACOF" It will use portions of the default scenery (which aren't too bad) but add other elements including jetways (obviously) and is a definite improvement over the default. But if you use this file, be aware that it includes a lot of airports world wide and you have to be careful you are not setting up conflicts with other sceneries. It's easy to see which ones they are and if you have that same airport added on elsewhere, just delete the appropriate scenery files in Jetways And Terminals For ACOF. (You'll find it here on AVSIM)
Thanks for the suggestion! I was lucky to find a KLAX scenery file available on Just Flight for $19.99 that is quite good and compatiable with FS2002 to boot (though the installer won't let you install it into both versions at the same time...if I hadn't found this your suggestion might very well have been my last hope!

Hi there,If you are searching for Paris Orly (France) you won`t find it under KFPD as you list.The ICAO location indicator for Orly is LFPO !!Good luck.Dave

Hi there,If you are searching for Paris Orly (France) you won`t find it under KFPD as you list.The ICAO location indicator for Orly is LFPO !!Good luck.Dave
Quite right! Don't know where I got KFPD (which is an Americna ICAO indicator!) from...I decided to go with France 2's Charles De Gaulle scenery which is much less taxing on my antiquated 2.2 ghz system than the recently Orly scenery (though I'm tempted to get it anyway)!Scott