Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rex247

Cannot get Vsync fix to work

Guest Rex247

I've tried every single fix there is for attempting to turn on VSync in FSX and none of it works. I've done as Bojote has said: I've turned "Wait for Vertical Refresh - On, unless application specifies" in CCC. I've added the line to my fsx config, and it simply doesn't stop the screen from tearing. I can't understand why this fix works for many others but not me. Can you help? Thank you AVSIM. The screen tearing is completely ruining my experience in fsx with my new 5850.

I've tried every single fix there is for attempting to turn on VSync in FSX and none of it works. I've done as Bojote has said: I've turned "Wait for Vertical Refresh - On, unless application specifies" in CCC. I've added the line to my fsx config, and it simply doesn't stop the screen from tearing. I can't understand why this fix works for many others but not me. Can you help? Thank you AVSIM. The screen tearing is completely ruining my experience in fsx with my new 5850.
Rex247:Have you added the following lines to your fsx.cfg?[GRAPHICS]ForceFullScreenVSync=1 // Fixes vSync natively (Fullscreen)ForceWindowedVSync=1 // Fixes vSync natively (Windowed mode)If so, which driver are you using? I am using the latest Catalyst 10.9a (hotfix) and it works great with my 4870X2 (try at your own risk):10.9a hotfixMajor V

Guest Rex247
Rex247:Have you added the following lines to your fsx.cfg?[GRAPHICS]ForceFullScreenVSync=1 // Fixes vSync natively (Fullscreen)ForceWindowedVSync=1 // Fixes vSync natively (Windowed mode)If so, which driver are you using? I am using the latest Catalyst 10.9a (hotfix) and it works great with my 4870X2 (try at your own risk):10.9a hotfixMajor V
I'm using 10.9 and have been using both those lines in my cfg file with no effect. The only tearing fix that worked for my system so far was D3Doverrider. Currently I'm looking for ways to eliminate the black screen problem associated with it.

I'm using 10.9 and have been using both those lines in my cfg file with no effect. The only tearing fix that worked for my system so far was D3Doverrider. Currently I'm looking for ways to eliminate the black screen problem associated with it.
10.5 here, I have those two lines and they work perfectly for me - and this is with 3840 x 1024.At this time there is no fix that I'm aware of, that will fix those D3DOverider black screens.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest Rex247
10.5 here, I have those two lines and they work perfectly for me - and this is with 3840 x 1024.At this time there is no fix that I'm aware of, that will fix those D3DOverider black screens.
Before I go installing an older driver, which I wouldn't mind, is the fact that the 2 lines don't work really the fault of the driver?

Before I go installing an older driver, which I wouldn't mind, is the fact that the 2 lines don't work really the fault of the driver?
Rex247, did you try nicks guide yet ?

Guest Rex247
Rex247, did you try nicks guide yet ?
You mean NickN? Yes I use most of his settings.

Guest chickenwings

Hey Rex,I hate to be redundant, but are you absolutely sure that you added:[GRAPHICS]ForceFullScreenVSync=1 // Fixes vSync natively (Fullscreen)ForceWindowedVSync=1 // Fixes vSync natively (Windowed mode)where it's supposed to be?When I first did it, I put it under the wrong section by accident.Might be a good idea to post your config for others to have a look?I certainly hope you get it sorted out. It was driving me nuts trying to figure it out before I found the .cfg fix.

Guest Rex247

Yes. I made a new profile in FSX, added those lines, saved it and I loaded the profile. My OS is Windows 7 32-bit. I use Catalyst 10.9. I'm running FSX: Acceleration. Here's my config file:

[GRAPHICS]TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024ForceFullScreenVSync=1 // Fixes vSync natively (Fullscreen)ForceWindowedVSync=1 // Fixes vSync natively (Windowed mode)NUM_LIGHTS=8AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1LANDING_LIGHTS=1AC_SELF_SHADOW=0EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=0[sCENERY]LENSFLARE=1DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5[DISPLAY]BLOOM_EFFECTS=0SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30[PANELS]QUICKTIPS=0PANEL_OPACITY=100[TERRAIN]LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=100MESH_RESOLUTION=22TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5DETAIL_TEXTURE=1WATER_EFFECTS=4[WEATHER]CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3DETAILED_CLOUDS=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8THERMAL_VISUALS=1DownloadWindsAloft=1DisableTurbulence=0[TrafficManager]AirlineDensity=59GADensity=59FreewayDensity=12ShipsAndFerriesDensity=30LeisureBoatsDensity=30IFROnly=0AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=3

Guest Rex247

I've been thinking about it and the screen tearing isn't that game breaking. I was thinking about using DX10 because there were no black screen flashes, but the AA doesn't work at all which my card is fairly good at. So it seems the disease is better than the cure.

I've been thinking about it and the screen tearing isn't that game breaking. I was thinking about using DX10 because there were no black screen flashes, but the AA doesn't work at all which my card is fairly good at. So it seems the disease is better than the cure.
This is nuts, Rex!OK - When you have the two lines added to the cfg file - are you still using D3Doverrider or any other ATI tools? (besides CCC)

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest Rex247
This is nuts, Rex!OK - When you have the two lines added to the cfg file - are you still using D3Doverrider or any other ATI tools? (besides CCC)
Nope, so they aren't conflicting. Is there anyone out there that can vouch it works with W7 32-bit, FSX: Acceleration and the 5850? Because If they can I really want to know how.

Nope, so they aren't conflicting. Is there anyone out there that can vouch it works with W7 32-bit, FSX: Acceleration and the 5850? Because If they can I really want to know how.
Sorry, Rex; this one's like a brick wall. Your cfg looks ok, we're a bit different, but I see nothing that would prevent vSync from working.I'm running Win7-64 Professional, with the ATI 5870 gpu. In CCC I set "Use Application Settings" for AA - Narrow-tent"Use Application Settings" for AFCatalyst AI - Advanced - not disabled.MipMap - "Quality" (third bar)AA Mode - Performance[GRAPHICS]SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458482SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693458482TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024NUM_LIGHTS=8AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=0COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1LANDING_LIGHTS=0AC_SELF_SHADOW=0EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=0TEXTURE_QUALITY=3IMAGE_QUALITY=0See_Self=1Text_Scroll=1D3D10=0ForceFullScreenVSync=1 // bojoteForceWindowedVSync=1 TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024HIGHMEMFIX=1 // bojoteALLOW_SHADER_30=1 // SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=9872434 // this can be any number, forces rebuild of shader cache.STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=24 // bojoteChangeTime=4.000000TransitionTime=4.000000SHADER_PARTIAL_PRECISION=1SHADER_OPTIMIZE=1//[Display]BLOOM_EFFECTS=0SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=10 // 70UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=24WideViewAspect=TrueTextureMaxLoad=21[bufferPools]UsePools=0[Main]DisablePreload=1FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.24[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=12[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series.0]Mode=3840x1024x16Anisotropic=1AntiAlias=1

Guest Rex247

I reinstalled FSX this morning and before installing Acceleration, I noticed I didn't get screen tearing! After I installed Acceleration, vsync stopped working. This is before I even used any tweaks, I just moved back and forth with the mouse and the screen didn't tear before acceleration. Does this information help me?