Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Breeze

Typical load

What is a typical passenger and cargo load for the Caravan? By default the Carenado version comes unloaded. Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey Ken,It truly depends! I fly empty, up to 11 pax (well, 9 with two infants). I usually am solo, but sometimes you can have the previous with a co-pilot too, brining it to 13 S.O.B (souls on board...get your minds out of the gutter!).Our planes are significantly heavier, our lightest being 5446.5 lbs. So, our useful load is FAR less than the C208 from Carenado!Typically with a .5 hr flight, a 1 hr total time for a turn, we take between 700-1000 lbs of fuel. 700 is the minimum for that type of flight (actually, it's a tad less). So, try taking 700 lbs of fuel and loading up! Depends how heavy you want to fly. I typically fly at 6500 lbs (empty, 900 fuel), all the way up to MTOW, at 8750 lbs with 800-1000 fuel.I hope that helps! Gotta run for training now!

Thanks Kreg! I'm going to fly some of the routes you previously posted with Bill's repaint of course. Great stuff!

Mokulele Airlines has some tight schedules. I'm always 5 minutes late block to block. Then again I'm not sure of your exact route Kreg but you must have to wait for traffic especially at HNL. I've flown flights MW 1602 1603 1732 and 1733 so far. Shucks, I'm always late. Does ATC give you a short final or do you follow the full STAR and IAP procedures? Is there special turboprop approach procedures? Can't find them.

Mokulele Airlines has some tight schedules. I'm always 5 minutes late block to block. Then again I'm not sure of your exact route Kreg but you must have to wait for traffic especially at HNL. I've flown flights MW 1602 1603 1732 and 1733 so far. Shucks, I'm always late. Does ATC give you a short final or do you follow the full STAR and IAP procedures? Is there special turboprop approach procedures? Can't find them.
Welcome to my life.... :SBasically, they under block us to compete with Island Air's Dash 8's, which is SO STUPID! HNL-MKK should take roughly 33-35 minutes block to block, and HNL-LNY should be 39-42 minutes. I'm almost always forced to take our 20 minute turns, and do them in 15 or less minutes. It's constant work/flying etc from showtime until shutdown on the last leg!Haha, I wish I could direct management to this post!

Haha, simulation vs reality! Not bad at all then. I can see you're always busy. Take care and thanks for all your work on the Caravan.