Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest 181henry

Level d 767 question

Guest 181henry

i have encountered a strange problem with my level d 767(sp3) - when I press the heading select button the plane will always turn to a heading that's 1 degree off the desired value. For example MCP heading select heading - 180, when I press shift n z (or go to fs2004 map mode) to check the heading it tells me my aircraft is flying at 179 degreeAlready tried level d support forum no luckany hint will be appreciated!!

Is there a "wind" correction there?Does it cause you to go "off course" and fly to the wrong destination or miss a waypoint on you FMC?

Guest 181henry

sorry what do you mean by wind correction?I use default weather settings, and VNAV, LNAV, Autoland allwork correctly, it's just that heading select annoyance!

Guest CYPRUSJOHN
sorry what do you mean by wind correction?I use default weather settings, and VNAV, LNAV, Autoland allwork correctly, it's just that heading select annoyance!
You will find that sometimes if there is a crosswind the aircraft will automatically adjust to compensate and show a heading that compensates for the wind. The crosswind will cause the aircraft to sideslip that is why it compensates. If you check it will follow the course entered in the FMC.Sometime4s it can be as much as 5 degrees. John. Cypilot.

Guest 181henry

thanks for the replyso the wind correction will happen even in a all clean weather environment (it is still 1 degree off)?

Do a readable screenshot of the captain's front cockpit panel view and also one of the current FMC waypoints when you see a problem.Does this one degree ,as I asked in a previous post to you here, cause you to go "off course" and fly to the wrong destination or miss a waypoint on your FMC route?At what altitude are you flying where you experience zero wind?

Already tried level d support forum no luck
Strange, as I am a frequent guest at their forums, reading a lot, and must frankly say they always try to help.By the way, where is your post there? I was curious to see what they think of your problem (seems an intriguing problem indeed) but couldn't find any post on it.Unless by 'no luck' you mean only reading posts and FAQs there. In such case I highly recommend registering as a licensed member and starting an enquiry thread.There are guys who know everything about this addon, so I am sure this problem will be quickly solved this or that way.

Guest 181henry

thanks for all the help, i will try level d registered forum