Sign in to follow this  
Kyprianos Biris

FSmeteo 6.2 server problems..

I have this weird problem during the FSmeteo connection.It starts like always, "Trying server #1.." - then it stops for a second and it says that both Server 1 and 2 are down and it tells me to download the METAR and stay offline.. Have been getting this message for like the last week, both with 6.0 and 6.2.I'm using FS2004 (FS9) - havent tested in 2002.Anyone willing to give it a shoot?CheersTom

Guest Stephan

hi Tom,no problem here. Is your connection firewalled?

Stephan,Not that I know of, tough I have Norton AntiVirus 2003 running all the time of obvious reasons.. could that be a factor?

Guest racartron

Don't know if this applies to your situation or not, But some of the popup software inhibits full access to the servers. I have to disable AdSubtract Pro when I'm using FS Meteo (per developer instructions).Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

I tried to disable everything I could of in the "System", but still no joy...Also tested in FS2002, same problem there. :(

Hey Thomas,glad to see you here at the avsim forums, haven't read from you in a while.It's been some time since I used fsmeteo (switched to wxre, but might be switching back again) but as far as I remember the first server fsmeteo uses is not owned by Marc, so if this server has problems or is down fsmeteo will switch to Marc's own server.I've been having trouble getting metars almost all of last weekend but I guess it is fixed now. Both wxre and fsmeteo had problems with the official server, but since yesterday wxre is working again and so should fsmeteo.BTW, how do you like fsmeteo 6.2? I haven't upgraded yet and was wondering what you like, dislike about it.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Pete,The weird part about this is that not everyone got this problem, seems like I am like the only of 4 that I'we talked to. So, if it was a "official server bug" it should have happend to the public, and not only poor me ;)The new 6.2 interface seems good, tough havent tested it cause i wont work, LOL.. but the new "thunder on the right, rain og the left and clear skies straight ahead" sounds very nice..All I want know is the thingy to work like it used to do.. :)Catch you laterCheers,

Guest Muppet22

Hi ThomasI have exactly the same problem as you describe, so you're not the only one! :-)

Wow, that's to bad to hear these problems. I guess it wouldn't make any sense if I asked you guys if you had any stutters using it (when it worked)?There seems to be a problem with wxre, FS2K4 and FSUIPC from what I read at the wxre forum and I was wondering if the same stutters occur with fsmeteo?Hope everything works out,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest LLgaz

Same problem with me.Last night I couldn't get to Server #1 but Server #2 worked OK.Today neither of them are working. Only "Get weather and stay offline" works. And then it doesn't update FS until you click "use downloaded weather"Llgaz

>I have this weird problem during the FSmeteo connection.>>It starts like always, "Trying server #1.." - then it stops>for a second and it says that both Server 1 and 2 are down and>it tells me to download the METAR and stay offline.. Have been>getting this message for like the last week, both with 6.0 and>6.2.>>I'm using FS2004 (FS9) - havent tested in 2002.>>Anyone willing to give it a shoot?>>Cheers>TomTom I amusing Fsmeteo 5.1 with FS2002 same problem with servers being down. I have left Marc an Email hopefully situation will repaired.Kenny G.

Guest etanin

Same with me V5.1 V5.2 and V6.2 all do not work, so it looks like a server problem.