Sign in to follow this  
liamr685

Monarch Airlines DC10 Engine fire

HiOkay, im looking for some information on this, the story isi was between 6-8 year old, and we were flying back from Palma (LEPA) we were on a Monarch DC-10-30 (i guess its a -30) and my older brother noticed fire coming from the engine ( i know this through being told the story from my parents)after a short while, and some confusion from me as i had no idea what was going on, we landed back at LEPA, and were stranded there for some hours.i do remmeber parts of it quite clearly, stewardesses running back and forth, crammed back in the terminal and then being sent all over the plave in coaches only to be flown home on a 757 on a very turbulent ride home.i was just wondering, is there any report out there on this incident, its got me thinking about it again as i went on the DC-10 nose section (G-DMCA) stored at EGCC today...and all i know if this incident are the small parts a remember and the parts my family tell mei would post on A.net but i dont have an account ive paid forany links to reports, news stories, (or even anything you guys heard of this from around that time on the radio etc etc) would be appreciated RegardsLiam

OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit CPU: Intel i7 4790K Quad @ 4.4GHz MoBo: ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer GPU: nVidea/Gigabyte GTX980 RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair 1600C9 Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz PSU: Seasonic X-650 80+ Gold Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 1920x1080, 144Hz, 1ms