Sign in to follow this  
derianc

WTH is up with PMDG?

Besides the horrible cockpit lighting at night when the engines are off and the fact that the third IRS switch doesn't light up is killing me because it's little things like that that I look for in a good product. Anyway, my main problem is that i did a test on what happens when I press the windows button on my keyboard to go back to the desktop using the Level-D 767 and then clicked back on Flight Simulator and all is fine. But when I tried the same thing using the PMDG 748, then the screen starts flashing black and stuff when I get back info FSX and then I can't play anymore because I can't see anything and I have to restart FSX, FSP flight, and start FS2Crew all over again! Why is it that this only happens to the PMDG 748? Is there any way to fix this? And also as I mentioned in my other post, the main gear is turning during taxi and the nose gear isn't and it looks fake as hell. How do I get the nose gear to turn and the stupid main gear to not do so. Someone please help!! :(

I had the same issue when taking the PMDG in and out of full screen mode... Did you read through the "Graphics corruption in FSX" thread in the PMDG General forum? The HIGHMEMFIX from that thread solved the black flashing screen issue for me... Give that a shot and see if it helps...Not sure about your main gear issues while taxing... I would think its more unrealistic using an outside view while taxing, rather than the mains turning! Big%20Grin.gif j/k But I don't know what would cause that...

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

The fact that the flood lights don't work in the flight deck with the engines off is a bit of a mystery to me.As for the black screens when leaving the full screen of FSX, HIGHMEMFIX will fix that.As for the gear not turning, no idea. I do not recall ever seeing this, but then again, I havent had the 747-8 expansion installed in quite a while. And rarely, if ever, use the outside spot view to look at the plane when taxi. Only use it when at the gate to line up at the correct hash mark.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

I am nearly always in the cockpit but I just check the outside sometimes to look at all the scenary because I was using EDDF Mega airport yesterday which is when I saw this. Should I maybe turn autorudder on and see what happens? Or is that fake? And i'll try that fix guys.

If it's 15 lines long then either you didn't open it with Notepad or it's seriously busted.... if so delete it and fsx will rebuild it. Then edit and apply the fixes and save.John Ellison

Yeah it was 15 lines long because it was my settings cfg for FSX lol. Am I supposed to overwrite my main cfg with my saved settings in FSX when for example I turn my sliders up or down then what do I do? Do I have to save the settings under the Main CFG file and replace it, or do I just leave the settings without saving them?

Where is this setting? I've got autorudder disabled in FSX realism settings but that doesn't seem to help. Kael Charles

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs