Sign in to follow this  
Hollywood

it is here, the brand new 737-800 !!!

"It wouldn't surprise me if he had an army of posters all posting nice things about him and his company here - may be even here in this thread...."This is not a bash at your post which I think was well written--only a lead in to my thoughts.....I'm somewhat surprised--this thread has been silent almost two weeks, and now it's open again--do people look at the dates of the original posts in these threads when responding to them?There's lots to be said about Ariane--emotions run high. But can't we give it a rest now? The negative posts draw as much attention--and probably more visitors to Bobbo's site, as the positive ones do.You have to understand the attitude of some--they don't like to be given veiled hints that their shopping practices violate some community morals or creed. Creates what I call "spite" purchase decisions. Let's let this thread die.... If someone can't see all the other outstanding aircraft purchases out there that offer far more than these Ariane "deals", that's their life. Only someone living under a rock for the past year won't know about Ariane, and personally I'm not losing sleep about people being suckered in by Ariane's advertising hype..... And as for strategically placed posts promoting a product, can't say it's true or not in this case, but it does happen with most vendors.....this community is a small world and there are many among us involved with payware vendors offering free publicity, not the least of which are myself and my peers in the FS9 beta....

Guest JasonD

>Let's let this thread die.... If someone>can't see all the other outstanding aircraft purchases out>there that offer far more than these Ariane "deals", that's>their life. Only someone living under a rock for the past>year won't know about Ariane, and personally I'm not losing>sleep about people being suckered in by Ariane's advertising>hype..... That's very well said I think. If Ariane have got their act together now, all well and good. If they haven't, well, people will find out when they buy it. The proof is in the pudding as they say. It's not advertising that sells in this community anywhere - it's quality.

I just downloaded this a/c, and ran the .exe. It appeared to install OK, but when selecting it in the FS9 menu, I get the error that FS9 can't find the files XMLSound.GAU and ATC-WHM.gau. Does anyone know what might be wrong here? I'm running FS9 (obviously). I also opted to have the scenery config file updated (checked in the installer). I noted a patch on the Ariane site, but it's for FS2002, which I assumed was to enable backward compatibility to that sim, so I did not install it.Thanks for any help.Bruce.