Sign in to follow this  
europrodave

"Options" NOT Lasting

Hello All.When I choose and try to save a couple of items in the drop down PDMG Options, it doesn't save at all.( i.e. GPU (External Ground Power) and Show all traffic in TCAS).Nor, am I able to save a flight path. All this since I got a substantial upgrade in a system specific for FS.Cry.gifWhat can I do for this to be saved?? and have my system recognize the changes to the "options" menu?Thank you for your advice in advance.With best regards.David

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

Hi David, Please sign your full name to posts in this forum, per forum rules, thanks.There are a couple reasons that come to mind. One is that you installed in the default windows folder and it does not have administrator rights. You can add these rights to the folder and shut off UAC but would first suggest readin up on it via google search. Try starting FSX by right clicking and choosing "Run as administrator" to see if this is the problem. Doing so should allow it to save properly.The other reason can be if the controls are already in use with FS. Make sure you check every choice in the drop downs of your control settings to be sure it isn't taken. An easy way to do this, is say you want to set a command to use "Shift+CTRL+P" for your cabin lighting (what I use), go into the controls and try setting command for something, even though you don't wnat to. If it says it is taken already at least it will tell you where it's taken so you can just navigate there and delete the assignment, then it should work without issue.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Thank you for your suggestions and advice. I'll give that a try and let you know. I'm far from savvy with this yet so I hope I can figure it out.With best regards.David Bell

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

Tha admin thing is what got me when I first got the queen. I hope it works for you.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator