Sign in to follow this  
moss1

installing acceleration

Hi everyone, I have FSX installed with sp1 and sp2. Is there anyway to install acceleration that already conatins sp2 over my current install without messing things up? I really want to avoid a complete reinstall, as I don't need to explain why with add ons and finally getting things as good as they can be on my machine. ok, I did explain. LOL :) Anyway, has anyone done this with success? I saw a copy at the local store near me, and I wanted to correct an issue with the Caranado Caravan , and also to be able to use a couple other add ons which require acceleration. Thanks in advance everyone. :)Warm regards, Jeff

HiYes, on my FSX/Win7 32 bit machine I uninstalled SP2 and then installed Acceleration without any problems at all. On the basis of my experience go ahead, no problems that I've noted.However, can you create a restore point in Windows just in case?Phil

Phil,Thanks for your reply. I guess I'll do just that. Uninstall SP2, reboot, then install Acceleration. I have all my services like system restore off in my system. I might try to restore these just in case. I'll let you know how it goes. I haven't even picked up acceleration at the store yet and I hope they still have it. It's been a couple of weeks since I've been there. Warm regards, Jeff

Please, give us some feedback after your adventure. I´m in the same boat, and scares me a lot to install accell over a FSX/sp2 installation with LOTS and LOTS of addons working perfectly now. I can´t even imagine having to reinstall all of it again. Nail%20Biting.gifCheers!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

I will for sure. I actually really messed things up earlier today. I turned off a service that was needed when booting up and did not realize until the system wouldn't boot. I had a fit as you can imagine. Luckily after every repair option, I restored to an automatic restore point from the 22nd, and that even said it did not complete successfully, but upon rebooting everything seems ok thank God. Now I'm not feeling too confident after that. I am hoping to pick up a copy of acceleration this week or next, then I'll give it a whirl. By then, I should be over the shock I put myself through today. I just can't leave things alone...always trying to get more out of my machine. Anyway, have a great night and I'll update this thread when I get it installed....hopefully working like a champ. :) Warm regards, Jeff

HiyaGood luck, Jeff. I was just as nervous, as I was actually quite happy with my FSX set-up but my favoutite glider, Empeck's SZD30 Pirat, was exhibiting weird 'bouncing' on launch and landing in SP2, and his advice was to install Acceleration.I note no performance changes at all with Acceleration but now the Pirat is as smooth as silk.Uninstall SP2 through Control Panel, reboot and install Acceleration.Phil