Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

Win 7 Permissions and ASE

Guys, I am trying to get ASE over my network.....I have done this before and have all the necessary edits the the ini xml and cfg files required to run ASE over a network. The problem I am having is with permissions, I have tried to set it up so that all the files are write/write by EVERYONE. For some reason on the client computer I can edit and resave a file...it says that my access is denied. I have googled and done a lot of research but I cannot seem to figure it out. Any ideas? ThanksRon Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hi Ron,Why not asking Jim Skorna?Hifi Simulation provides excellent support to customers.See here.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hi Ron,We do wish for ASE support type posts to be made in our forum here at AVSIM instead of the general forum.Turn off UAC on the client computer and then see if you can save an edited file. This looks to be a Win 7 security issue.

Hi Ron,Why not asking Jim Skorna?Hifi Simulation provides excellent support to customers.See here.
Sorry guys, I posted over at the Hi-FI forum but I thought maybe they wouldn't give support on Sundays....thats why I posted here. They contacted me and we are working the problem....an yes David u are right there support is top of the line.Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom