Sign in to follow this  
BenW

A few questions

Hi BryanGreat product, am really loving this so far!a few queries, if you'd be so kind:- are the sounds tied to the gauges and non-customisable? I made a new soundset long ago for the LDS 767 crew voices and fancy having a go at playing around in Pro Tools with the sounds but can't find them in the 'sounds' folder? - the FO's 'clean up' flow takes a while, meaning I'm quite a long distance down the taxiway before all the lights and strobes get switched off which an EasyJet FO pal of mine says is bad form. Would it be possible to move the lights and strobe command further up the list or if I do it myself would it spoil the FOs flow?- on your video for the 737 Voice Commander, there are options for lots of different European voices, but only one 'Euro' voice set shows up in the 767 main panel configurator, so I was wondering if I missed something?CheersBen W

Hi Ben,Thanks for the questions. Glad you're liking the product.1. Sounds are non-customizable as the sound files are compiled together into their own project.2. Clean up flow takes a bit long simply because the FO is waiting for the APU to spool up and becoming available.3. Voices available are US, UK and EU. Simply go to the FS2Crew CFG panel and right/left click the Crew Accent box to change the crew's accent region.Cheers,

Bryan,would it be possible to add a "start APU" voice command to be used in mid air that would then be reflected in the FO's clean up flow, i e the flow recognizes it's up and running so no waiting for it? I've seen many inflight videos where APU is started way before landing so although it might not correspond to the SOP you have based it on, it wouldn't be unrealistic.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Bryan,would it be possible to add a "start APU" voice command to be used in mid air that would then be reflected in the FO's clean up flow, i e the flow recognizes it's up and running so no waiting for it? I've seen many inflight videos where APU is started way before landing so although it might not correspond to the SOP you have based it on, it wouldn't be unrealistic.
Hi Krister,I could easily add that in an update.But why where these airlines starting their APUs well before landing? That's a bit of a waste of gas.Cheers,

Hi Krister,I could easily add that in an update.But why where these airlines starting their APUs well before landing? That's a bit of a waste of gas.Cheers,
I fully concur that it's a total waste of valuable jetfuel! I actually searched for an answer earlier but all the answers I found really said that they, as expected, turned on the APU as late as possible after landing - if at all! The only reason I can think is if you have to de-ice the airplane on landing. Since it takes away quite a lot of engine thrust I guess it's better to let bleed air from the APU take care of that instead (in case you need to go araound and/or lose an engine)I don't recall in which inflight movies I watched this and "many" was an exaggeration, but at least in a Just Flight 757 Tourjet flight to Antalaya (have to watch it again to verify it).So, in short as Donnie Brasco would have said, "forget about it". :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

I believe it was in the Level D tutorial flight where the author said he turns on the APU on final, just to be safe. I am not sure what he was getting at, I have never heard of a SOP that calls for APU on in the air. It is proper to turn it on in the case of an engine failure or a eng gen fail however.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Hi Guys,APU on in flight is a good one and I would like to see it added. "APU on"is part of most flows related to the power management, one rule from the QRH is that you must always have two sources of electrical power available.That is why if you have a generator go down on an engine/ engine fire/ engine fire/ compressor stall, or other adverse engine conditions, you switch on the APU.It is also why the MEL/DDM states that the 767 can be despatched with only one engine generator functioning (APU operates all flight fuel usage 50kg and hour).APU on finals - natch not needed, just wait the extra time for the clean up.Chris

Ooops, forgot this one.Additional is if you are only certified to ETOPS 138 you must use the APU for the portion of the flight that you are outside of the 138 coverage, in effect this means in the climb, you start the APU at FL250 and leave it on until entering ETOPS 138 coverage, then can switch it off.Chris