Sign in to follow this  
slait

The mysteries of SimConnect

Hi,Folder/File sharing as well as giving Read/Write permissions as stated above are a must, I setup my network and removed password protection for these networked (shared) folders/files.If your network is setup, the only thing left to do is:1. Share the appropriate Folders/Files2. Give Read/Write Permissions3. Remove Password Protection4. Map The Drives

I just spent about 40 hours trying to get it to work before I was successful.Shared files very important, W7 doesn't make this easy.There are THREE versions of SimConnect, you need to make sure that the same version is on both computers.Ports need to be open on the firewall AND (at least in my case) Port Forwarding in the Router.Good luck, I was very frustrated with the lack of information out there to deal with troubleshooting the problem of it not working. This link may help:http://squawkbox.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4553

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Thanks for the assistance. I'm using what free time I have left this weekend to fly rather than tinker, but I'll give it some more effort next week. Much appreciated.

- Aaron

Post content deleted.....sorry

oops so sorry, I was searching for some info in google, saw it and just added the reply as I`ve just done that setup. No harm done, I`ll shrink off to my corner.

oops so sorry, I was searching for some info in google, saw it and just added the reply as I`ve just done that setup. No harm done, I`ll shrink off to my corner.
No problem, happens all the time... AVSIM should make the post dates blink neon red for us :-)

Jay