Sign in to follow this  
Barthandelus

747 local time display

Hi, everyone!Is is possible to show the local time where my plane is at any given moment? Just interested, thats all!Thanks!

No. Planes don't know anything about boundaries between time zones and can't automatically switch from one time zone to another.

Hi, everyone!Is is possible to show the local time where my plane is at any given moment? Just interested, thats all!Thanks!
I have it in my PMDG 744: both zulu and local time (on the left) :( PMDGcockpit-6.jpg

I have it in my PMDG 744: both zulu and local time (on the left) :(
How do you get that to show? Iv never seen that before...:-)

How do you get that to show? Iv never seen that before...:-)
Searched for a digital dual clock gauge in the Avsim library, made some changes (it's easy to edit a XML gauge, it's just a text file) and put it in my 744 via the panel.cfg file.

Searched for a digital dual clock gauge in the Avsim library, made some changes (it's easy to edit a XML gauge, it's just a text file) and put it in my 744 via the panel.cfg file.
Nice one, would you mind posting a link of the gauge and what you did to the text file? I would really appreciate it!

Nice one, would you mind posting a link of the gauge and what you did to the text file? I would really appreciate it!
Well, I did it perhaps 3 years ago, and I don't remember which was the original clock, but I can send you a copy of the modified gauge and how I inserted it in the 744.

Well, I did it perhaps 3 years ago, and I don't remember which was the original clock, but I can send you a copy of the modified gauge and how I inserted it in the 744.
Would you be so kind to send it to me too (with instructions if possible)? Appreciate it.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

I do it the old fashioned way. For every 15* west of the prime meridian set the GMT back a hour to grab the local time. For every 15* east of the prime meridian set the clock ahead a hour.

I do it the old fashioned way. For every 15* west of the prime meridian set the GMT back a hour to grab the local time. For every 15* east of the prime meridian set the clock ahead a hour.
Now that is a clever idea! My FMC POS REF is showing N36°53.8 E023°14Am i looking at the E023 part? So i should be at zulu + 1? ie, over 15 degrees (so +1), but not yet at 30 (+2)Looking on a map (that current position is in Greece), i should be two hours, not 1...?

Now that is a clever idea! My FMC POS REF is showing N36°53.8 E023°14Am i looking at the E023 part? So i should be at zulu + 1? ie, over 15 degrees (so +1), but not yet at 30 (+2)Looking on a map (that current position is in Greece), i should be two hours, not 1...?
Actually you would be about zulu +1 1/2.You also need to remember to correct for DST.

Ok, now im confused! :-)
Well, if you're flying into or out of a area that recognizes DST then you would need to correct for it. For example, the Eastern US is UTC - 5 during DST. When DST ends, the Eastern US is UTC - 4. Plus, not all nations recognize DST. IIRC, the UK does recognize DST but some other nations in Europe don't.DST has always confused me also so we're in the same boat. :(

Thanks for getting back to me to quick :)I guess i need to work out a) if a particular location recognises DST, and :( how to work out the time from the format of the FMC position (N36°53.8 E023°14)