Sign in to follow this  
John Hinson

Installing add-ons

Hello,I have had the MAAM-SIM R4D for many years, I purchased the FS2004 version on CD in its early days (and had the FS2000/2002 one before it!). I have had hours of endless pleasure over the years helped by the huge number of repaints that have been made.Some repaints have recently been released which require:C-47 'ALL THEATERS' EXPANSION PACK WITH VIRTUAL COCKPIT UPGRADE FOR FS2004http://www.maam.org/flightsim/enhance/r4d_enhance.htm#ALL%20THEATERS%20EXPANSION%20PACKbut the page there says that this download:Requires installation of the D-Day Expansion Pack (below) if your R4D/DC-3 CD is 4th Edition or older. Newer CD's and the Download Version include the D-Day pack. This pack is included on the 9th Edition and subsequent R4D/DC-3/C-47 CDs and the Download Version.http://www.maam.org/flightsim/enhance/r4d_enhance.htm#D-DAY%20C-47%20SKYTRAIN%20and%20DAKOTA%20Mk%20III%20EXPANSION%20PACK%20FOR%20FS2002%20and%20FS2004As mine is an early version, I'm sure I will need this too, but both refuse to install.I suspect this is a detection routine to ensure I have the original product, and as I have modified it in minor ways (I'm sure I would have renamed the directory structure to match the rest of my system, for example) so could anybody tell me exactly what needs to be in place to use these add-ons?Yes, I do have the original CD so I could do a reinstall but it is somewhere in a pile of boxes after two house moves and would take a lot of finding. Maybe I will end up having to do that and reinstall.I never bothered with these add-ons before as I don't "do" military aircraft myself . . . I'm strictly civvy! But recent civilian liveries seem to need them.Thanks in advance for any help.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Hi JohnYou're right, it's probably the detection feature of the installer that is throwing the spanner in the works. I think the best and easiest way around this is to set you up with the latest FS9 installer that has everything already included. Shoot me an e-mail at maam-sim@maam.org and I'll send you a link. When you get it, just make a back-up of your current R4D/DC-3 aircraft.cfg files to preserve any repaints you may already have installed, then allow it to overwrite everything. Or, if you prefer, install the new one to a temporary directory and cherry-pick what you want to add to your current installation.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org