Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Locked Thread

TSA?Tenant Services Authority?The Snowboard Asylum?Telecare Services Association?The Survey Association?Trust for the Study of Adolescence?Thinking Skills Assessment?Ahh... I suppose living here in the 51st state I should know what it stands for. If I flew over the Atlantic, I'd have no problem with the screening. I do worry though when my dentist steps outside the surgery, in a lead vest, to X-ray my jaw.I also worry when opinion is curtailed for possibly becoming treasonous. Still, as was pointed out above, that's what Facebook is for. We do have freedom of speech but we have to accept that if we speak freely, others must have the freedom to respond in a way they deem appropriate, including moderators. That's what happened.D

Actually I agree with that level of moderation, and it needs to be applied more often. It only takes one post to turn a regular discussion into a flame war, and usually moderators aren't online when the flame wars start. So, you lock the topic to prevent the inevitable.Also, I don't see how a topic created to bash the TSA will help a particular flight sim community. Everyone hates the TSA.
Every forum is different. The one I hang out in mostly has a thread for the Pike River Mine Disaster right now. That has absolutely nothing to do with Flight Simulator but for the people on that board some know the people involved as New Zealand has a smaller population. At the end of the day we all have a choice where to get our Forum needs that suits us the best. Lots of choices out there.I am Canadian and New Zealand Resident so I go to the ones that suit me best....:( Like minded people will gather and share, and discuss things that affect there daily lives. For some TSA is important....Others maybe not. But everyone seems to have a Point of View about the TSA and even you just expressed one.

Matthew Kane

Like minded people will gather and share, and discuss things that affect there daily lives. For some TSA is important....Others maybe not. But everyone seems to have a Point of View about the TSA and even you just expressed one.
I have no problem with that whatsoever. The problem lies with the adolescent members that can't handle a different viewpoint without resorting to personal attacks. Every forum on the internet has those members, hence, why political threads, or any derivation thereof, aren't welcomed in the majority of flight simulator forums. In other words, it's not the political threads or gathering of opinions that are the problem, but the adolescence of particular members. Banning those particular members rarely works, because they can just create another account using a different proxy. Although I have seen a few communities where the administration has practiced questionable tactics, but I won't go any more in depth than that.