Sign in to follow this  
Polar

2nd FMC install

For those who may not know it is possible to have two independent FMC's in 2D mode w/ 747 using keyboard.......simple to change panel CFG

I'd be interested to know how to do it, sounds good!Thanks in advance.
You will nn FSUIPC so you can assign key board cmd. Locate Panel CFG for acrft type 747 and 747F...looking at my cfg sections here, compare these with original cfg......there are only 9 number keys in KEYBOARD ASSIGNMENTS in FSUIPC which you can assign, thus you have to swap a CFG window in the first 9 windows of the Panel cfg. Hope this makes sense...if you compare the original w/ this it should become obvious what is going here. Pretty simple but a nice addition to have, especially when loading flight plans in FMC...Legs vs. Route.[Window Titles]Window00=Dummy Main ViewWindow01=Main PanelWindow02=OverheadWindow03=Main FO PanelWindow04=Zoom PanelWindow05=Right CDU................................NOTE THIS CHANGE swap w/ original entryWindow06=CDU//--------------------------------------------------------[Window05] // PMDG_CDU_PANELfile=747.CDU.bmpfile_1024=747.CDU.bmpsize_mm=385,542position=8visible=0ident=10400window_pos= 0.000, 0.000gauge00=PMDG_747400_Main!CDU, 0,0,385,542,R //--------------------------------------------------------[Window06] // PMDG_CDU_PANELfile=747.CDU.bmpfile_1024=747.CDU.bmpsize_mm=385, 542position=8visible=0ident=25window_pos= 0.000, 0.000gauge00=PMDG_747400_Main!CDU, 0,0,385,542,L Be sure to place each FMC on your screen (2D cockpit) to different locations so to observe each idependently. The R and L in gauge00 line denotes each FMC

I suggest you guys take the time to read this:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/

I suggest you guys take the time to read this:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/
I guess that means you as well?

\Robert Hamlich/

His names in his sig Robert. Come on though Kevin...forum police or what?!

Come on though Kevin...forum police or what?!
Just making a suggestion..... That's all. I don't see the point in offering assistance to this thread other than that if this thread is going to end up deleted.
I guess that means you as well?
My name is on my signature.

His names in his sig Robert. Come on though Kevin...forum police or what?!
Just making a suggestion..... That's all. I don't see the point in offering assistance to this thread other than that if this thread is going to end up deleted.My name is on my signature.
My apologies then to Kevin, I'm afraid that my work computer does not show all images. On a slow night I'll want to view the screenshot forum and keep forgetting the images do not always appear. Must be how they are set up.

\Robert Hamlich/

I am also with Robert, i cannot see Kevins imageit just says "[posted image]"rules are rules and pmdg really want to enforce them, people say it for your own good so time is not wasted, you would be upset if a constructive thread got deleted becuase you dont want to tell us your name. :) happy days

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Just making a suggestion..... That's all. I don't see the point in offering assistance to this thread other than that if this thread is going to end up deleted.
That's agreed, I was only ribbing you as the way you went about it seemed a bit harsh. Tone and intent are hard to judge on forums sometimes so perhaps you didn't intend to seem that way.

I am also with Robert, i cannot see Kevins imageit just says "[posted image]"rules are rules and pmdg really want to enforce them, people say it for your own good so time is not wasted, you would be upset if a constructive thread got deleted becuase you dont want to tell us your name. :) happy days
I have been a member here for over two years, and never received any backlashings from the administration over my signature. IIRC, having your name on a signature banner is acceptable.
That's agreed, I was only ribbing you as the way you went about it seemed a bit harsh. Tone and intent are hard to judge on forums sometimes so perhaps you didn't intend to seem that way.
Yup, I understand where you're coming from. Really, the only way you can pick up sarcasm, tone and intent is if you know the members posting etiquette.
My apologies then to Kevin, I'm afraid that my work computer does not show all images. On a slow night I'll want to view the screenshot forum and keep forgetting the images do not always appear. Must be how they are set up.
No worries. :(

Whoa, didn't mean to touch off such contraversy. I'm on a lot of sim related sites, but new to PMDG and the real name requirement is unique, so it will take me a few times to get used to it. TWA1955, thanks very much for your detailed post and I'm going to incorporate it into my 747. I greatly appreciate the time you took to council me.James Codlin

Whoa, didn't mean to touch off such contraversy. I'm on a lot of sim related sites, but new to PMDG and the real name requirement is unique, so it will take me a few times to get used to it. TWA1955, thanks very much for your detailed post and I'm going to incorporate it into my 747. I greatly appreciate the time you took to council me.James Codlin
You can just put your name in as a signature, that way you won't forget to include it in a future post.

James you are most welcome..Vincent