Sign in to follow this  
TurbofanDude

Annoying Sound Pops, I TRIED IT ALL, PLEASE HELP!

Fellow simmers, I've recently purchased a new custom computer, and it seems that my sound isn't quite right yet. The exact problem is as follows: Flight Simulator plays most sounds correctly, but on certain sounds (both addon and default), when it's supposed to loop, it pops loudly, then loops. I get around it by using another sound set sometimes, but when the "popping" is coming from a sound embedded in the planes gauges, it's hard to get around. I've adjusted the sound quality, my settings are more than reasonable for my cpu, tried limiting the framerate, tried updating sound card drivers, used different drivers, changed surround settings on the cpu, tried bufferpools, and searched 20+ forums for help. I've rebuilt the shaders, fsc.cfg folder, logbook.bin, and I've defragged the computer and cleaned the computer of registry errors or corrupt anything. I miss my new soundset! As well, I've tried deleting the sound fader entry in the fsx.cfg and adjusting the actual sound file to many different formats. Even my computer tech support guy can't figure it out. PLEASE HELP ME! Recentlty I tried different varations of the "[bufferpools]\RejectThreshold=98304" fsx.cfg mod and I tried using a higher zoom. Nothing. One more bit of info, it only happens with certain sounds, and that's it. It's not random. Sounds that don't pop now almost certainly won't next time I fly (knock on wood, Thanks in advance, Collin Biedenkapp System Specs: Windows 7 64bit Vidia GTX 470 4GB Logitech X540 Surround Sound Speakers 8GB DDR3 Ram FSX Acceleration Intel i7 Quadcore stock at 3.07 Ghz Asus p6x58d-e Motherboard

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website

Guest firehawk44
Fellow simmers, I've recently purchased a new custom computer, and it seems that my sound isn't quite right yet. The exact problem is as follows: Flight Simulator plays most sounds correctly, but on certain sounds (both addon and default), when it's supposed to loop, it pops loudly, then loops. I get around it by using another sound set sometimes, but when the "popping" is coming from a sound embedded in the planes gauges, it's hard to get around. I've adjusted the sound quality, my settings are more than reasonable for my cpu, tried limiting the framerate, tried updating sound card drivers, used different drivers, changed surround settings on the cpu, tried bufferpools, and searched 20+ forums for help. I've rebuilt the shaders, fsc.cfg folder, logbook.bin, and I've defragged the computer and cleaned the computer of registry errors or corrupt anything. I miss my new soundset! As well, I've tried deleting the sound fader entry in the fsx.cfg and adjusting the actual sound file to many different formats. Even my computer tech support guy can't figure it out. PLEASE HELP ME! Recentlty I tried different varations of the "[bufferpools]\RejectThreshold=98304" fsx.cfg mod and I tried using a higher zoom. Nothing. One more bit of info, it only happens with certain sounds, and that's it. It's not random. Sounds that don't pop now almost certainly won't next time I fly (knock on wood, Thanks in advance, Collin Biedenkapp System Specs: Windows 7 64bit Vidia GTX 470 4GB Logitech X540 Surround Sound Speakers 8GB DDR3 Ram FSX Acceleration Intel i7 Quadcore stock at 3.07 Ghz Asus p6x58d-e Motherboard
Did you disable the on-board sound in the bios?Best regards,Jim

I occasionally had this on FS9. My solution was to set my in game FPS to a locked value (e.g. Not unlimited).Good luck

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I occasionally had this on FS9.  My solution was to set my in game FPS to a locked value (e.g. Not unlimited).Good luck
My sound issues went away when I upgraded from a 460 to 580.  Go Fiqure.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png