Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Is this realistic behavior in a 85-104 crosswind at FL370

Not sure what the real world does in this instance, but I was OTW to EGLL from KJFK and encountered this level of crosswind, and the plane just tips back and forth to the full 30 degree bank contantly tipping left and right while in LNAV mode. What is the best way to deal w/ this besides Ctrl-Break ;o)Thanks in advance,Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hello Noel,First of all I can point you here; http://forum.avsim.net/topic/284023-violent-turns-form-l-to-r-and-vnav-disc/page__p__1762976__hl__winds+aloft__fromsearch__1#entry1762976It would seem that this is an ongoing problem for some, its happened to me and I had to disable winds aloft in FSUIPC and apply weather smoothing etc. all ok now though!Best of luck,Mick.

Best way is the registered version of fsuipc and use the smoothing functions for weather in that and pressure smoothing as well.John Ellison

You're flying through the jetstream. To reduce the headwind component of the jetstream, the FAA updates the active NAT's every 12 hours. You can grab the active NATs here.

Def being caused by the long standing external weather app issues with our products in FSX. Disable turbulence, disable Active Sky DWC etc...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hello Noel,First of all I can point you here; http://forum.avsim.n..._1#entry1762976It would seem that this is an ongoing problem for some, its happened to me and I had to disable winds aloft in FSUIPC and apply weather smoothing etc. all ok now though!Best of luck,Mick.
I did as you said but nothing happened,, :( its still the sameits jump up and down when I cruising... The FSX PMDG 747x.....

You need to also enable pressure smoothing as stated above, otherwise you will have altitude drops.

Nathan

I had the same problem with the 744 and MD11. Constant S turns, even a couple of 180s', bank angel warnings, lose and gain altitude, the whole works. The only thing that worked for me was a registered copy of FSUIPC and using extremely aggressive settings for wind and pressure settings. The fall, winter, and spring is particular bad time for winds aloft. Several days ago I was flying from KJFK to KLAX and the wind at FL360 was like 265 at 145. Ground speed was 338. FSUIPC has helped me. Maybe it can help you.Michael Cubine

I had the same problem with the 744 and MD11. Constant S turns, even a couple of 180s', bank angel warnings, lose and gain altitude, the whole works. The only thing that worked for me was a registered copy of FSUIPC and using extremely aggressive settings for wind and pressure settings. The fall, winter, and spring is particular bad time for winds aloft. Several days ago I was flying from KJFK to KLAX and the wind at FL360 was like 265 at 145. Ground speed was 338. FSUIPC has helped me. Maybe it can help you.Michael Cubine
Thank you all. Michael, I have been using registered FUIPC and had wind smoothing enabled. Can you show me a screen print of your settings in FSUIPC? Thanks in advance,Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

NoelI am just into a flight from KDFW to EDDF. I will make screenshots when that is finished probably early Sunday morning (EST).Michael Cubine

I believe these are the screenshots you are looking for. I originally had the top wind box checked with a value of 8 entered. This was sufficent to stop the s-turns. Now I am trying to get the MD11 to maintain a magenta color accross the top of the PFD. If it stays magenta automatic S/C can be used. If the wording goes to white there will be no automatic S/C. The bizzare winds in the North Altantic which FSX comes up with is enough to send the MD11's FMS into all types of protection modes to keep it aloft. On a westerly crossing I will run into 100 knot winds that go around the clock in 30-40 miles. First it is a hundred knot HW, then a CW, then a TW and so on until it is a HD again. One minute I am in overspeed the next minute the MD11 is trying not to stall. So I have been trying different values of 8, 3, 2, 1 and finally checking the bottom box and using a value of 8. That seemed to work okay for the KDFW to EDDF flight tonight.Michael Cubine

I believe these are the screenshots you are looking for. I originally had the top wind box checked with a value of 8 entered. This was sufficent to stop the s-turns. Now I am trying to get the MD11 to maintain a magenta color accross the top of the PFD. If it stays magenta automatic S/C can be used. If the wording goes to white there will be no automatic S/C. The bizzare winds in the North Altantic which FSX comes up with is enough to send the MD11's FMS into all types of protection modes to keep it aloft. On a westerly crossing I will run into 100 knot winds that go around the clock in 30-40 miles. First it is a hundred knot HW, then a CW, then a TW and so on until it is a HD again. One minute I am in overspeed the next minute the MD11 is trying not to stall. So I have been trying different values of 8, 3, 2, 1 and finally checking the bottom box and using a value of 8. That seemed to work okay for the KDFW to EDDF flight tonight.Michael Cubine
Very nice, thanks I will play with this set up n see.Noel

Noel

Thanks you!I am gonna try the setting, If its doesn't work maybe is me who is stupid :D

In the FSUIPC Options and Settings>Wind I changed the value in the second box from the right top of Wind Smoothing from 8 to 4 mainly because the CS 757-200 can better respond to rapid changes in direction and wind speed and it felt dead at a value of 8. The MD11 and 747-400 still hold a steady track at 4.Michael Cubine