Sign in to follow this  

Computer Pilot Magazine

Any comments pro or con about Computer Pilot Magazine?I received a snail mail flyer about it today and amtempted to try it but it's somewhat pricey for a magazine.P.S. I did do a search for other posts about it but I've never been able to get the search engine here to find much of anything. To be fair the "other site" search engine isn't any better!

Guest The Ancient Brit

Elderberry,I find it to be rather like the curate's egg, good in parts. It is an attractively produced glossy with a broad range of articles that will be of some interest to most virtual pilots. The cover CD often has some large freeware files that I would have difficulties in downloading due to my 56K dial-up connection. Although from the very beginning I have sustained a deep interest in flight simming, it is nevertheless a narrow interest, articles on flight combat, other sims, real as it gets flying and reviews on hardware flying controls therefore pass me by. There is a good review on the Airbus A320 Professional in this month

Denis,I think you might be mistaken Computer Pilot Mag (asked by Mike) and PC Pilot (a UK mag) ?Computer Pilot Magazine does NOT carry any CD's as far as I know.... ?? It is a bit pricey, but it is the ONLY magazine that drops in your mailbox EVERY MONTH now.Details can be found at www.computerpilot.comBest regards,Francois :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_052.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Hi Mike,saw your message and thought I'd 'help' you out. I am biased of course, being a regular contributor myself to Computer Pilot, so please don't take my word for it without testing..... ;-)CPM however IS the best mag around at this time. It is the only MONTHLY magazine totally dedicated to flight simming, all 84 pages of it !! Not only do I find the articles interesting and diverse, but the quality of the magazine in terms of lay-out and print is also very good.The only downside is that is is an Australian publisher, printed there, and not readily available without taking a subscription. I would have liked it to be found in more retail outlets personally :-)If you want to know more, check out their web site www.computerpilot.com. There is an overview of each and every issue, with its contents, and you can also order A SINGLE COPY there.That is what I would do if I were you, so you can see if it is to your liking r not.... before subscribing. Or find a copy in one of the outlets, which can also be found on the site.Hope this helps, any questions, don't hesitate to email me direct,Kind regards, :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_052.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest The Ancient Brit

Thanks for that Francois, you are entirely correct. My comments relate to the UK magazine

Denis,If you ARE talking about PC Pilot (and I'm pretty sure that you are with the reference to A320 Professional), then have a look at the Flight Unlimited 2 article on page 38. It was written by myself.When you have finished reading the article, help out the FU series by purchasing a copy of FU2 !Go on, it only costs a fiver.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hahaha, no problem Denis, it is a mistake often made, since PC Pilot is (still) the better known publication. Have a look at the website of CPM... you might like what you see ;-)Now, go and unraffle your knickers..it's Sunday !! :-lol :-lol :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_052.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest Lindy

Mike, I really enjoy Computer Pilot magazine and have for years, even BEFORE I was using FS2K2. While it started out as a strictly MSFS/combat sim mag, it has evolved and now attempts to include coverage on any other GA sims available.Yes, it IS pricey. In September it is (as Francois says) going to a monthly issue.It has at least one or two articles in every issue devoted entirely to some aspect of sim flying that can be useful no matter what type of sim you use.My only complaint is that at least three times in the two years I've been a subscriber, I've had to e-mail PC Aviator about having missed receiving my issue. They have always been more than gracious and will immediately send me a new issue, but it IS a hassle. The magazine itself though is, IMO, excellent and is the only magazine I subscribe to.-Lindy :-wave

Guest The Ancient Brit

Francois,Unraffle my knickers you suggest. Did you mean to write unruffle my knickers? Have you been visiting sites where such used items are for sale? Tut, tut.Chris,Thanks for bringing Flight Unlimited 2 to my attention by means of such a well written article. A fiver you say. I can resist anything except temptation and you are tempting me. Although retired and a Wrinkly who needs to keep a grip on his finances resembling a fish

Unruffle it is, my friend. Pardon me my not-so-Queen's English and the occasional glitch in picking the proper words for the occasion. :-lol (But at least you'll get a chuckle out of it I would presume). :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Thanks for all the responses! I decided to do as Francois suggested and ordered a single copy. Looking forward to receiving it.