Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

patcal

Sound files

Hi all, Like the update. Would really like to adjust the volume on some of the sound files. If you can't edit them directly, how do you do it indirectly? I know it hast some thing to do with the Microsoft Directx SDK. Thanks.Pat Callaghan

Hi all, Like the update. Would really like to adjust the volume on some of the sound files. If you can't edit them directly, how do you do it indirectly? I know it hast some thing to do with the Microsoft Directx SDK. Thanks.Pat Callaghan
I think your best bet is to wait...my plan is to add a parser for a .ini file, and there I can put user adjustments for sound volumes.The Microsoft cross-platform audio tool is what I used to build the sound database...you could build your own from the .wav files in the previous versions, but that's a lot of trouble to go to.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Thanks Bob. I think I will wait. :)Pat

I think your best bet is to wait...my plan is to add a parser for a .ini file, and there I can put user adjustments for sound volumes.The Microsoft cross-platform audio tool is what I used to build the sound database...you could build your own from the .wav files in the previous versions, but that's a lot of trouble to go to.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO