Sign in to follow this  
MSW

Is Anyone Remaking the Piper Meridian?

Of all of the aircraft I have flown within the Flight Simulator series, my favorite was the Flight1 Piper Meridian. Now that I have gone completely over to FSX for some time now, I am surprised that no one has developed that aircraft for FSX. I tried porting it over to FSX but that was a failure and besides it's pretty dated now since it was originally developed for FS2002. Is there any word out there in flight simulation land of this great aircraft being developed in the future for FSX?

Of all of the aircraft I have flown within the Flight Simulator series, my favorite was the Flight1 Piper Meridian. Now that I have gone completely over to FSX for some time now, I am surprised that no one has developed that aircraft for FSX. I tried porting it over to FSX but that was a failure and besides it's pretty dated now since it was originally developed for FS2002. Is there any word out there in flight simulation land of this great aircraft being developed in the future for FSX?
Why not consider our Mustang? It makes the meridian look like child's play.Jim

I have been tempted to get the Mustang, however, I much prefer prop for GA. Why doesn't Flight1 do a complete remake of the Piper Meridian for FSX? I imagine it would be a big seller for you. It doesn't have to be tied into Reality XP as was the old one.

That or a TBM would be nice.Not enough nice turboprops for X.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What? That's like opposite lol... A twin recip....The Pilatus PC12 would be the closest... single turboprop...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Coneman

I think he means the PA32 Saratoga.

Perhaps, but speed-wise the PA32 is a dog compared to the PA46... PC12 is faster but the speed difference would be less than the saratoga vs meridian and the meridian vs pc12edit: ahhh I see it now... when someone writes PA34 I just think of the plane because it's what is printed on flight strips.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Perhaps, but speed-wise the PA32 is a dog compared to the PA46... PC12 is faster but the speed difference would be less than the saratoga vs meridian and the meridian vs pc12edit: ahhh I see it now... when someone writes PA34 I just think of the plane because it's what is printed on flight strips.
Ah, now I remember, the PA-34 is called the Seneca! Dave.

Guest 747-fan

The F1 Mustang is a system hog, but I guess the G1000 is the culprit. Fantastic feature modelling, but as long as I have to turn down my FSX settings to FS98 looks, I tend not to fly it.A better substitute would be the Pilatus PC12 with added RXP WAAS 430.I'd love to see the Meridian redone as well. The quirky Meggitt software suite was amazing! A redone exterior and VC would be all that's necessary I think, the avionics were so damned well made I think it's still on par or superior to most current FSX stuff.

I'd like to see a nice, native FSX, Malibu Mirage.. Neat, cabin-class piston single :(
While not exactly cabin-class, the Orbx Lancair is the next best thing. Probably cruises faster than the Mirage. As long as you don't need your virtual golf clubs too, should fit the bill.
The F1 Mustang is a system hog, but I guess the G1000 is the culprit. Fantastic feature modelling, but as long as I have to turn down my FSX settings to FS98 looks, I tend not to fly it.A better substitute would be the Pilatus PC12 with added RXP WAAS 430.
True, but I don't think it could have been coded much better, it's like a computer within a computer. I normally fly it outside of city areas. If I do jump on vatsim at JFK with FSDreamTeams scenery I'm usually getting 7-10 fps on final which is tough hand flown, but can be done. Once I get a faster system it shouldn't be an issue. What system are you running and have you tried turning off copilot PFD? I also run without terrain on the MFD and turn off the pilot PFD inset map.The Pilatus was nice for its time but imho is a bit dated graphically. I normally just fly my Lancair if I'm trying to get somewhere quick in a GA prop.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I'd like to see a nice, native FSX, Malibu Mirage.. Neat, cabin-class piston single :(
And no single turboprop collection would be complete without the Socata TBM. Nothing has been good since the Michel Migaud freeware TBM 700 appeared for FS9. It's no Piper or Cessna and is European built but still at a quality unparalleled, enough to keep my jaws drooling..And still close enough towards a Meridian, or a Malibu Mirage...Dave.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone successfully ported over the F1 Meridian to FSX? If so how?

Guest 747-fan
While not exactly cabin-class, the Orbx Lancair is the next best thing. Probably cruises faster than the Mirage. As long as you don't need your virtual golf clubs too, should fit the bill.True, but I don't think it could have been coded much better, it's like a computer within a computer. I normally fly it outside of city areas. If I do jump on vatsim at JFK with FSDreamTeams scenery I'm usually getting 7-10 fps on final which is tough hand flown, but can be done. Once I get a faster system it shouldn't be an issue. What system are you running and have you tried turning off copilot PFD? I also run without terrain on the MFD and turn off the pilot PFD inset map.The Pilatus was nice for its time but imho is a bit dated graphically. I normally just fly my Lancair if I'm trying to get somewhere quick in a GA prop.
C2D E8500 @ 3.16GHz4 gigs dual channel RAM (can't remember type)Nvidia GTS240regular S-ATA 7200RPM HDDI do turn down what you do inside the Mustang, and I tend to get OOM even with no autogen and medium graphics settings offline with real world weather(max 3 layers) even at not especially demanding sceneries. I flew in the Rockies with only UTX and GEX (medium settings there too) last time that happened. It's collecting dust in my hanger until I too update to an i7 powered rig, but I can't see that happening for some time yet. Can't wait for an i10 to come out so the i7 will drop in price :(