Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Fuel Cutoff switches

Is it possible to have the fuel cutoff switches set to off by default at startup (all my a/c start cold & dark: not 100% realistic perhaps but that's how I like it)? Not a big deal really, but I am used (in other a/c) to switching to 'Run' only after initiating the engine starters and spooling reaches the required level. In saved flights (*.flt) I tried changing any MixtureLeverPct=1 entries to MixtureLeverPct=0, but that made no difference. Can't see what to change in the aircraft.cfg file either. Any ideas anyone?Thanks,Martin

No, the fuel cutoff levers are at Run by default. I want them to be in the off (cutoff) position by default.

No, the fuel cutoff levers are at Run by default. I want them to be in the off (cutoff) position by default.
I don't know how to do it either.But with FS2Crew, the copilot will do it for you as part of his cockpit preparation routine (FS2Crew, is probably one of the best addons you can get for the NG).Bruno

One perhaps disjointed approach is to choose say a cessna aircraft and go to your chosen departure airport. When on the ground, switch off the battery, generators, lights etc but be sure to leave the avionics switch on as PMDG aircraft do not have this switch. Then change aircraft to your chosen PMDG aircraft. It should be at the ramp etc "dark and cold". Or you could create and save a flight for the flight folders that has you located at your favorite airport and gate after you've switched off all the power. You'd go to this flight situation first and then open up a new flight plan...Nathan Odell

Hi Nathan,Yes, that might work, thanks. But as you imply, much easier just to go into the PMDG throttle quadrant at startup and move the levers to cutoff. Or just ignore the 'problem' altogether (if only all FS problems were so benign!) and have the levers at run all the time.M.