Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

@Devs: Deal about LUA Variables? ;-)

Hello PMDG Team,I have written some LUA Scripts in the past, maybe you know about some of them.Doubtless LUA is, (better the ability to assign LUA Variables with FSUIPC is), one of the best tools for FS especially for users with some additional hardware.I think you be aware of that.To write such a LUA script is really hard work (you know that, of course)One part of the hard work is to fiddle out the countless LUA variables.This would be now my question:I will purchase the NGX at the very first day (if I'm not in holiday :( ) and will start a LUA script for my hardware.Could you consider to collect the LUAs and make them public (or give them to me - as you decide) short after/with release? Would be a big step to make the LUA script writing much easier and would help a lot for the hardware addicted users!Hoping for a positive response,Günter

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you consider to collect the LUAs and make them public (or give them to me - as you decide) short after/with release?
As a simmer with a full GoFlight rig i fully support this idea :-D

Guenter,Just wanted to thank you for your LUA and macro files for the PMDG J41. I downloaded them some days ago, and they work great with the J41! I can now utilize my hardware to control all the main functions of the plane, making flying much smoother! The only controls I'm still missing is the propeller and engine anti-ice, but I can live without it. Thanks again!Btw, I think the NGX may have some new ways for users to interconnect their hardware and custom controls to the plane, making LUA scripting and macros unnecessary. I remember reading something like this last year in one of PMDGs posts.

We're doing an SDK, LUA shouldn't be necessary I'd think...
Hopefully... :Praying:thanks anyway!

Guenter Steiner

Hi Ryan,If a SDK is released, will that also mean that hardware from VRinsight will/can be supported? Now with the JS41, the LUA's from Guenter are a big help for us (thanks Guenter!). Is the release of the SDK planned shortly after the reslease of the NGX or does PMDG need more time for that?

And hopefully, this SDK provides us with enough information that we can assign our hardware.Waiting till VRInsight is updating their software will result in another year of waiting :rolleyes:But we will see what happens....

Guenter Steiner

It is still going to be up to the hardware makers to code a driver - the SDK just gives them an easy way to do it by providing direct access to the panel variables, two way communication for displaying the correct digits on the MCP, AP button light status, etc for instance. This isn't something that magically makes all hardware devices work with the plane without a driver from the manufacturer... That's impossible.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com