Sign in to follow this  
FlyCathay

add international day line into PSS777 FMC

Happy new year guys,I am watching Justplane video. I can see the pilots have added the international day line into FMC on a trans-pacific flight and it is shown on their NDS. I am wondering if I can do the same thing on PSS 777. ThanksDanny

Danny F

Happy new year guys,I am watching Justplane video. I can see the pilots have added the international day line into FMC on a trans-pacific flight and it is shown on their NDS. I am wondering if I can do the same thing on PSS 777. ThanksDanny
Hi Danny, Could they have just entered a FIX via the FMC perhaps? You can enter a FIX waypoint and have it display on the ND. All you need to do is enter the FIX and bearing if my memory serves me correct.

\Robert Hamlich/

I thought about that too. But if it is so, I need to locate a fix on the international day line. or Can I just enter a coordinate instead?

Danny F

I thought about that too. But if it is so, I need to locate a fix on the international day line. or Can I just enter a coordinate instead?
No Danny, I think it needs a waypoint. Hmm, now you've got me wondering, I'll have to check tomorrow when I have a chance.

\Robert Hamlich/

Sorry to pinch this thread slightly, but whilst on the subject of PSS B777 FMC, is there anyway to make the NAV Database like the PMDG B744, by that I mean on the FMC, say at LHR, the database includues the GO Around Profile for the selected Runway??

Sorry to pinch this thread slightly, but whilst on the subject of PSS B777 FMC, is there anyway to make the NAV Database like the PMDG B744, by that I mean on the FMC, say at LHR, the database includues the GO Around Profile for the selected Runway??
That would come from the procedures file (Runway I believe)but unfortunately if you've ever looked at it in notepad you'll quickly realize how big of a job that would be.It's not as plain and simple as the PMDG one.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

I have also viewed the video concerned. It is a correct schematic of the "Date line" not a fix.vololiberista

For anyone who is interested, the shot is at 2:43:34 of justplane Air Canada B777-300er DVD on flight AC2.It looks to me it is a fix at W180?.

Danny F

I've heard about a workaround that is used on the B757/B767 at least: For RTE2 there is a route entered (probably pseudo-waypoints) which is then displayed on the ND, in blue, since it's not activated. More precisely, in the case I've heard of it, this secondary "route" depicted the Equator line. It might work for the IDL as well if you have the necessary geographic coordinates and the FMC in the PSS lets you enter them and displays them appropriately.

I've heard about a workaround that is used on the B757/B767 at least: For RTE2 there is a route entered (probably pseudo-waypoints) which is then displayed on the ND, in blue, since it's not activated. More precisely, in the case I've heard of it, this secondary "route" depicted the Equator line. It might work for the IDL as well if you have the necessary geographic coordinates and the FMC in the PSS lets you enter them and displays them appropriately.
Thx..gonna try that out tonight.Danny

Danny F

Good luck, I hope it works out for you, I will also give it a try on my next transpac/deep South America flight. Just keep in mind that the B777, in real world at least, is far more advanced than the rendition of PSS, so it may not work as described. Additionally, I am also going to search through my real world Triple Seven FCOM and see if there are some information about displaying the IDL/the Equator on the ND.