Sign in to follow this  
MrPlaneDriver

Problem when logging in

Hi!I'm not a frequent user of FSX multiplayer, but 99% of the times I try to log into my account, I get the following message:"You have been disconnected from GameSpy. You may have logged in on another computer." Just like that.I have FSX for almost 2 years now and since the beggining I get this message. I only use FSX in one computer and no one knows my account email or password since I almost don't use it. I also have 3 different profiles on GameSpy in one account. No matter which one I try to log in, I get this message. Some times I finally get in, but if I start to change categories at the dropdown menu or select a session and then return to main menu or even if I try to create a new session and then return to the menu, it crashes and I recieve exactly the same message.I have no idea of what may be happening. Need help.Regards,

Matheus Mafra

That happens a lot when trying to login to the main lobby. The next time you get in, change to another lobby then exit, FSX will save that info. You can also edit your fsx.cfg file to change lobbies before you go in, add or edit this line in the multiplayer section:DefaultLobby=Competitions

Jay

I posted this question at PMDG forum and people said it happens everytime, with everyone. It's "nothing personal".

Matheus Mafra

As you said, it truely is a universal problem. Since we started our server in mid 2006, our entir Chicago Flights ™ team has been hounding Microsoft for a solution to this problem. After years of attempting to get to the bottom of this, it seems that no one wants to take the first step. Microsoft blames Gamespy for their server issues, and Gamespy blames Microsoft for their in game coding. No one for the last 5 years has ever thought of gee-I-dunno a fix? :( It is incredibly annoying, and it is a problem that will most likely never be resolved. However, the Direct Connect function works well and seems to be the most reliable way to get into servers.If you are lucky enough to find a server IP and password (if there is one), you can jump into any Multiplayer server without too much of an issue. Instead of going into Gamespy, log into LAN and click on the button that says direct connect. Type in your information- and you're good to go!We offer our IP and password on our site if you and others would want to use our dedicated server for your multiplayer enjoyment.Hopefully this clarifies some things for you!

If you are lucky enough to find a server IP and password (if there is one), you can jump into any Multiplayer server without too much of an issue. Instead of going into Gamespy, log into LAN and click on the button that says direct connect. Type in your information- and you're good to go!
I publish some ip addresses of fsx sessions on the front page of our web site. www.fsopen.co.uk

Whenever I try to log on, It says connecting to Gmaespy, and never connects. I was fine, then suddenly, It doesn't work now. Please help, I've been doing free flight for 4 months now.

Then, after 20 minutes, it just says you have been disconnected from Gamespy, logged on computer, log out, try again, bla bla bla. Is it some kind of firewall?

Connect to ANY other lobby except the default free flight one, you will have MUCH less problems.

Jay

How, if I can't even log on?
In your FSX.cfg scroll down to the bottom where the [MULTIPLAYER] section is. Look for the line: DefaultLobby= and change it to another lobby. I use Competitions then switch to other lobbies once in..If this doesnt work, make a new account using a different email. For some reason once in a while Gamespy decides it doesnt like an account.

Jay

Well, on Network settings, It said connection tme 00.00 for boht. is That it, Because I made another account, and It still didn't work.

Well, on Network settings, It said connection tme 00.00 for boht. is That it, Because I made another account, and It still didn't work.
Did you make that change in the fsx.cfg file?

Jay

I Couldn't find it :(
What operating system are you using? If it's Win 7 64 it's :C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSXFind the fsx.cfg. open it, scroll to the bottom, you will see the Multiplayer section.

Jay

I have Windows Vista 64 bit, but It could be the same