Sign in to follow this  
greggerm

Just a Bothersome & Useless Question

On the pronunciation of "AVSIM"Is AVSIM pronounced like "Ay-Vee-Sim"or perhaps "AvvSim"Or maybe an acronym (sp) "A-V-S-I-M"It's just one of those stupid things that mills around in my brain. Probably from over-extensive computer exposure disorder.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Kevin,>On the pronunciation of "AVSIM" >>Is AVSIM pronounced like "Ay-Vee-Sim" >or perhaps "AvvSim" >Or maybe an acronym (sp) "A-V-S-I-M" >>It's just one of those stupid things that mills around in my >brain. Probably from over-extensive computer exposure >disorder.I of course can't speak for Tom and Crew, but AVSIM is short for Aviation Simulation. AV (as in have), SIM (as in my life) ;-)(Edited for spelling: you'd think I could spell "in", but noooooooo)

I say the same...Av (as in AViation)-sim (as in SIMulation).Mike

Me too.... but being Dutch I did not have a clue whether that was correct or not..... many of my fellow country men pronounced it as 'aahhh-vay-sim' (and I had no clue what they were talking about of course... :-lol :-lol :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

I have always said Avsim as in "have" + "simulation". If I were to say Avsim as in "brave" + "simulation" it sounds to me like we are discusing some sort of bird-keeping pastime. You know, "brave" as in "avery"..oh..forget it :-lol

To make things worse, our German readers might pronounce it as 'aahh-fow-sim'... Now that would confuse me even more. As for BraveSim, that sorta appeals to me... new idea?? :-hmmm :-lol :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

There is no such thing as a stupid question In aviation! :)

I always pronounced it Ay Vee Sim...@.@ AVSim sounds weird with my accent. Makes it sound like I was saying HaveSim o.O