Sign in to follow this  
Guest moshe_be

A Special Request to all AFCAD-2 Developers!!!!!!!

Hello Gang!I have a very special request to all the wonderful contributors that are developing AFCAD files for FS2004.PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!Keep the nomenclatures standard. I believe that most folks are using a naming convention like this: AF2_PHOG.bgl. If we keep the naming conventions standard, we can avoid confusion and double AFCAD files for one same airport. The minute that the naming conventions change, we run the risk of having mutiple AFCAD files for the same airport, which can create a problem down the road.My 2 cents.Thanks!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest OneTinSoldier

Yep, I have to agree. Don't know that all AFCAD2 Developers will see this post, but I don't think putting this request here is in vain either. Hopefully the word will spread around.Jim

Hey all.I understand why you would want this, as a matter of simplicity, and for the most part, it seems to be what has happened. However, there will also be some distinctions that are neccessary for payware/freeware non-default sceneries, we at PAI will be prefixing ours with PAI_AF2_XXXX, etc. Personally, and this is meant with all due respect, you the user need to be able to keep track of what you have installed, no matter what the files are named. I don't see why that would be such a difficult task. When you open an airport in AFCAD, you are given the option to select all .bgls that you have installed for that specific airport, i.e., you may have noticed when you open an airport that you have a new AFCAD for, you are presented with the "Mod" file and the "Stock" file. This also is the case if you have more than one new AFCAD installed for the airport. They will be listed in AFCAD. If for nothing else, use AFCAD for the purpose of keeping your files straight. If you can't do that at least, then maybe you should be more careful about downloading every AFCAD in sight.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest akirabbq

Oh, actually I have been thinking of this problem, since I have once uploaded the wrong bgl to AVSIM before :$The naming convention AF2_XXXX_YOURNAME is used to distinguish your work from other people, other than this I couldn't think of anything else useful. The ZIP file name can be used as this purpose, and since AVSIM only allows uploading ZIP file.So probably I will keep the default afcad file name for my upcoming releases.Thx for the idea.

Guest moshe_be

How about when you download non-standard named AFCAD file, you just rename it according to your standard? :)