Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Any opinions on this?

Just saw this over at Simmarket. Seems like a new ground texture addon:http://secure.simmarket.com/simview-ground-texture-plus-for-fs2004.phtmlThe screenshots look very good. Very nice textures and very crisp, too! I was wondering if anybody has bought it and if there are any opinions?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Well i'll admit. It looks great, but with GE-PRO, REX, and FSG2010 installed, I wouldn't waste my time on it unless I could trial the product first. I have been duped before on buying products based on their screenshots... I will look out for an AVSIM review.

Guest belga1

Hello,

Developer remarkPlease make a back up of your Scenery World folder before installing this file.
Well ...dunno why they don't implement a auto backup of the files involved .. it's really simple to make this with a installer software ......Regards.bye.gifGus.

Well i'll admit. It looks great, but with GE-PRO, REX, and FSG2010 installed, I wouldn't waste my time on it unless I could trial the product first. I have been duped before on buying products based on their screenshots... I will look out for an AVSIM review.
How is FSG2010?? I have installed GE-Pro, REX, Ultimate Terrian as well as Mega Scenery So Cal and Mega City San Francisco. Should I look into FSG2010? Would hate to be missing out on something Big%20Grin.gif

Hi.It looks to me as though MSFS's vector roads are still showing through the new textures. Looks a bit odd when a junction / intersection lies on top of three or four fields...On the positive side, in the one distant-ish view, I can't see any obvious repetition of textures. That could be a big bonus.(And the price is well within even my budget!)Regards,D

Hi.It looks to me as though MSFS's vector roads are still showing through the new textures. Looks a bit odd when a junction / intersection lies on top of three or four fields...On the positive side, in the one distant-ish view, I can't see any obvious repetition of textures. That could be a big bonus.(And the price is well within even my budget!)Regards,D
Well, it's impossible to correct that due to the way the layered world of FS is built... Forget about that ever being changed, unless you use photoreal stuff such as Blueskyscenery or NL2000 (both are great, mind you)

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

The textures might not be the same in placement due to landclass.So it depends on what landclass the developer used when he took the shots.In the product it does not state land class added so that will have a different effect on each system sim.The textures do look nice. As for the roads I am pretty sure there is a file or files that could be removed from the default sim to get rid of that unrealistic look.

How is FSG2010?? I have installed GE-Pro, REX, Ultimate Terrian as well as Mega Scenery So Cal and Mega City San Francisco. Should I look into FSG2010? Would hate to be missing out on something Big%20Grin.gif
Well I don't recomend for the US because it creates major problems in some areas like Las Vegas and the entire state of Hawaii. But for the rest of the world, it is simply awesome and worth the money! Very realistic.