Hello,I've noticed that most of the times but not always the wind displayed using shift-Z is different from what is reported at ASE.I'm using FSX SP2 with latest ASE build 642 (Smooth Cloud Transition) and latest FSUIPC for smoothing purposes, the curious thing is that accessing FSUIPC module and clicking on cancel it seems that restores the wind direction and speeds.How can I fix this to avoid accessing FSUIPC?ThanksPedro L. Paz

Hi,Can you give me specific examples from ASE and then FSX?

Hi,Can you give me specific examples from ASE and then FSX?
Hi Jim,I was flying today between Miami Intl and Key West, and arriving at key west the winds were reported as 050 at 05 on ASE, but in FSX they were somethin like 012 at 09, bust just like a half mile before touchdown I went to FSUIPC, clicked cancel and the winds were restored in FSX like ASE reported.This is happening also in different places but not always so I do not know how to fix this.Most of the settings on ASE are default and in FSUIPC too.Rgds,Pedro L. Paz

Hello, A couple of times recently I have been experiencing similar problems to Pedro. The other night, for example flying into LTBS (Dalaman, Turkey) on final after a flight from Kiev I was getting winds 142 degrees 12kt as compared to the METAR and ASE reporting 350 degrees 18kt. This has been happening a lot recently with a similar situation into Heathrow and also Gatwick a few days ago. I have also tried pressing refresh early on in the approach and then unticking wind smoothing in FSUIPC incase it needs to quickly change. I fly using DWC and with Destination Wx ticked. - I also always import my flightplan into ASE with the correct flight levels, etc. My FSUIPC settings are as below: FixMachSpeedBug=NoVisibilityOptions=NoOneCloudLayer=NoCloudTurbulence=NoCloudIcing=NoGenerateCirrus=NoSuppressCloudTurbulence=NoMaxIce=3MinIce=-4UpperWindGusts=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=YESSuppressWindVariance=YesWindTurbulence=NoTurbulenceRate=1.0,5.0TurbulenceDivisor=20,20,40,40SuppressAllGusts=YesMaxSurfaceWind=0WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000SmoothBySimTime=NoWindSmoothing=YesWindSmoothness=-4WindSmoothAirborneOnly=YesPressureSmoothness=8TemperatureSmoothness=25 This is getting quite annoying and can really ruin a nearly flawless flight.Hopefully this can be solved. Thanks, Jack

Hi Jack,Are you using the latest FSUIPC interim build from Pete's forum?

Yes, I have been recently using the 4.648 beta, but have also tried reverting to the present interim version, 4.638. Neither seem to affect this problem.

Hi,Can you try 1 flight without FSUIPC installed?

Hello!I´ve had the same problem too. (all FSUIPC 4.6XXX, DWC & FSUIPC weather settings off). The weather updates after entering any FSX menu.It can be fixed on my system uninstalling FSUIPC or setting "WeatherReadFactor=0" in FSUIPC. Its 100% reproduceable - FSUIPC somehow seems to block the weather updates. GreetingsStephan

Guest nzch2010
Hello!I´ve had the same problem too. (all FSUIPC 4.6XXX, DWC & FSUIPC weather settings off). The weather updates after entering any FSX menu.It can be fixed on my system uninstalling FSUIPC or setting "WeatherReadFactor=0" in FSUIPC. Its 100% reproduceable - FSUIPC somehow seems to block the weather updates. GreetingsStephan
Hi Stephan,I would post your findings here, http://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/Pete should know about this. Or he already does.CheersJulian

Hi Julian,Thats right - he should know about this. But i´ve seen only a few users reporting this issue. I just dont want any endless discussions like "It´s absolutely impossible that FSUIPC causes this because with weather settings off FSUIPC only reads some offsets. Reinstall Win7, FSX etc.".I think its the job of the ASE beta testers and the ASE development to sort this bug out - i´ve found a workaround.GreetingsStephan

Guest nzch2010
Hi Julian,Thats right - he should know about this. But i´ve seen only a few users reporting this issue. I just dont want any endless discussions like "It´s absolutely impossible that FSUIPC causes this because with weather settings off FSUIPC only reads some offsets. Reinstall Win7, FSX etc.".I think its the job of the ASE beta testers and the ASE development to sort this bug out - i´ve found a workaround.GreetingsStephan
Stephan and Jack, try this latest update FSUIPC 4.661 and see if it corrects this issue. I just did a test flight into KTPA with winds reported by ATIS winds 120/06. Shift Z was the same.Stephan, Jack and I have the same settings in FSUIPC and ASE and so will be interested in your results. I am not saying by posting this that HiFI should not look into it.CheersJulian

FSUIPC 4.661 did not fix it. I dont blame FSUIPC for the issue - it appeared when upgarading to ASE SP2.My ASE.cfg:

[Options]FSVersion = FSXDynamicRateofChangePercent = 0VATSIMDownloads = FalseAutomaticDownloadInterval = 15AutomaticDownloads = TrueCAVOKCloudGenerationPercent = 40NoDataCloudGenerationPercent = 0CirrusCloudGenerationPercent = 40MaximumCloudLayers = 10MinimumCloudTurbulencePercent = 0MaximumCloudTurbulencePercent = 70MinimumCloudIcingPercent = 0MaximumCloudIcingPercent = 100StratusCloudOccurrencePercent = 20MinimumVisibilitySM = 0MaximumVisibilitySM = 70MaximumUpperVisibilitySM = 60MaximumSurfaceWindSpeed = 100MinimumWindTurbulencePercent = 0MaximumWindTurbulencePercent = 70MinimumWindShearPercent = 0MaximumWindShearPercent = 50DisableWindsAloft = FalseWakeTurbulenceStrength = 50CreateVirtualStations = FalseEnhanceRouteCoverage = FalseDepictHurricanes = FalseEnableSkyScapeMode = FalseUseSkyScapeforStratus = FalseForceHighPriority = TrueUpdateRange = 500EnableWindSmoothing = FalseEnableVisibilityGraduation = TrueEnableFogLayerSimulation = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueSuppressionRange = 200StartupWave = FalseEnableDirectWindControl = TrueShowSimMessages = TrueSupressOnGround = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalseVoiceATIS = FalseThermalGenerationRatePercent = 0UpandDowndraftGenerationRatePercent = 0MaximumDowndraftRate = 0MaximumUpdraftThermalRate = 0DisableHazeLayer = TrueFogLayerGeneration = TrueDatFileOverwriteUserEdit = 0SuppressionCeiling = FSXDepictionMode = DWCPreventFSXCloudRedraws = TruePreventTstormsWithCB = TrueGraduationCeiling = 8000

GreetingsStephan

Guest nzch2010

Stephan,You have ForceDestinationWeatherZone = False which should be ForceDestinationWeatherZone = TrueThese are my settings[Options]FSVersion = FSXDynamicRateofChangePercent = 20VATSIMDownloads = FalseAutomaticDownloadInterval = 20AutomaticDownloads = TrueCAVOKCloudGenerationPercent = 50NoDataCloudGenerationPercent = 50CirrusCloudGenerationPercent = 69MaximumCloudLayers = 9MinimumCloudTurbulencePercent = 10MaximumCloudTurbulencePercent = 100MinimumCloudIcingPercent = 0MaximumCloudIcingPercent = 100StratusCloudOccurrencePercent = 20MinimumVisibilitySM = 1MaximumVisibilitySM = 60MaximumUpperVisibilitySM = 66MaximumSurfaceWindSpeed = 125MinimumWindTurbulencePercent = 0MaximumWindTurbulencePercent = 80MinimumWindShearPercent = 0MaximumWindShearPercent = 43DisableWindsAloft = FalseWakeTurbulenceStrength = 52CreateVirtualStations = TrueEnhanceRouteCoverage = TrueDepictHurricanes = TrueEnableSkyScapeMode = FalseUseSkyScapeforStratus = FalseForceHighPriority = TrueUpdateRange = 500EnableWindSmoothing = FalseEnableVisibilityGraduation = FalseEnableFogLayerSimulation = TrueLocalSuppression = FalseSuppressionRange = 200StartupWave = FalseEnableDirectWindControl = TrueShowSimMessages = FalseSupressOnGround = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = TrueVoiceATIS = FalseThermalGenerationRatePercent = 25UpandDowndraftGenerationRatePercent = 25MaximumDowndraftRate = 300MaximumUpdraftThermalRate = 315DisableHazeLayer = TrueFogLayerGeneration = TrueDatFileOverwriteUserEdit = 0SuppressionCeiling = 10000FSXDepictionMode = DWCPreventFSXCloudRedraws = TruePreventTstormsWithCB = TrueGraduationCeiling = 5000CheersJulian

Sorry, Julian,the problem i have (and others) is not limited to destination weather. It happens all the time during the flight (the initial deception is fine).Maybe i will post a detailled description. But i think ASE development is aware of this issue like the wrong winds aloft at interpolated stations.GreetingsStephan

Stephan and Jack, try this latest update FSUIPC 4.661 and see if it corrects this issue. I just did a test flight into KTPA with winds reported by ATIS winds 120/06. Shift Z was the same.Stephan, Jack and I have the same settings in FSUIPC and ASE and so will be interested in your results. I am not saying by posting this that HiFI should not look into it.CheersJulian
Just flown from SAEZ->SBGR (São Paulo) and on approach and landing the depiction was perfect. Unlike Stephan I was not having problems with en-route weather. So it seems, for me that the latest version of FSUIPC has solved it. Thanks once again Julian!Jack