Sign in to follow this  
ColonelMustard

Mindstar G1000 Support Issues in connection with Eaglesoft DA42

I went and bought the Eaglesoft DA42 and the Mindstar G1000 this weekend in order to familiarize myself with the equipment because I will be doing some training in real life on it pretty soon.There are definitely some issues, that I wanted to address, so I wrote an email to the Mindstar support - however I received a MAILER DEAMON response, that their mailfolder is FULL. Also in their forum, there is not much happening since December - are they on holiday ? Does somebody know ? One reason I bought the Mindstar G1000 is, because it was also highly recommended by the Eaglesoft Team - but now it feels like I have spent 50$ on a dead Product in beta and it can not really do so much more than the G1000 that Eaglesoft has adapted from FSX. Overall I am a bit disappointed - after all there was also no way to test this software before buying. Is there any way to get a later beta version ?Here just an adapted version of my email to Mindstar Support - maybe someone can give me some more information or relay it to the authors:The issue with the Prop-RPM not being correctly depicted and being shown far too high (as others have mentioned in the Mindstarforum) is an issue for me too - will there be a fix ? I have noticed when loading the the default C182 with the Mindstar panel, the RPM is definitely faulty as well - never giving me above 2400RPM even when Pitch selected fully fine for takeoff and landing. On the DA42, the oil pressure constantly remains in the yellow caution area, which I don't think is normal if the engine is warm.OBS also doesn't seem to be working. A lot of functions remain gray.I can build up a flightplan, but once activated, trying to modify it does not seem to be working.The Topo mode colours look really ugly and worse than in the default GPS. I hope they will get it running with Navigraph soon - that is one major worthwhile advantage if it would work! Otherwise with the current state of issues, that I am experiencing, a refund would be appropriate in my eyes. If I can't reach support - who else is there to talk to - therefor my post in this forum.I am running FSX SP2 on a Win7-64 machine.

Did you install the version for the DA42? It doesn't sound like you're actually running the Mindstar G1000, or certainly not the right version.Have you emailed us (Mindstar Aviation) for support yet???

Yes as I wrote - sending an Email to support@mindstaraviation.com and it bounced. I will try again now and see if the mailserver will push it through to you - if it works we can carry on the correspondence there. Decided to post here first, before registering in yet another forum.I am quite sure I installed it right - 2 Models of the DA42 have been modified and are distinctly different to the others. I installed the DA42 first and then the GPS directly after. There is now also another C172 and a C182 added with the panel so I think everything installed correctly without issues.EDIT - ok I tried again and I get the delivery failure message from the MAILER DEAMON:We're sorry. There's a problem with the e-mail address(es) you're trying to send to. Please verify the address(es) and try again. If you continue to have problems, please contact Customer Support at (480) 624-2500. <support@mindstaraviation.com>: child status 100...The e-mail message could not be delivered because the user's mailfolder is full.

Yes as I wrote - sending an Email to support@mindstaraviation.com and it bounced. I will try again now and see if the mailserver will push it through to you - if it works we can carry on the correspondence there. Decided to post here first, before registering in yet another forum.I am quite sure I installed it right - 2 Models of the DA42 have been modified and are distinctly different to the others. I installed the DA42 first and then the GPS directly after. There is now also another C172 and a C182 added with the panel so I think everything installed correctly without issues.EDIT - ok I tried again and I get the delivery failure message from the MAILER DEAMON:We're sorry. There's a problem with the e-mail address(es) you're trying to send to. Please verify the address(es) and try again. If you continue to have problems, please contact Customer Support at (480) 624-2500. <support@mindstaraviation.com>: child status 100...The e-mail message could not be delivered because the user's mailfolder is full.
If you're in the US you might call them at the support phone number they gave you...DJ

If you're in the US you might call them at the support phone number they gave you...DJ
I'm not in the US, that's the point. I am quite aware of the phone number - thx for the hint anyway. I am sure glassman2005 will get back to me soon and we will sort things out.

The mailbox was not full, but the forwarding server was, that explains why you were getting that message.It's a holiday in the US today, so nobody is around to answer calls. However, I just cleared out the forwarding server so your email should work.As for the RPM, there is nothing to "Fix" really, because at its core, there is nothing wrong with the software when we run it on our machines with the DA42. However, the DA42 from Eaglesoft has a FADEC gauge built into the configuration, and it tries to manipulate the prop, so if you have a joystick attached to your computer that includes and throttle, mixture and prop lever, try temporarily removing the prop control and see if the problem goes away.Also, if the problem does NOT go away, it's possible that your panel configuration in your DA42 did not load the FADEC gauge, so make sure that hasn't happened.

Ok - I am using a Saitek Yoke Throttle System running solely through FSUIPC. I mapped only 2 Throttles and Flaps. Maybe the prop pitch is misaligned by the FADEC. I will test later this evening. Thank you so far - at least I know how to get in touch so, this thread has served it's purpose.

Ok - I am using a Saitek Yoke Throttle System running solely through FSUIPC. I mapped only 2 Throttles and Flaps. Maybe the prop pitch is misaligned by the FADEC. I will test later this evening. Thank you so far - at least I know how to get in touch so, this thread has served it's purpose.
FADEC on the DA-42 will only work correctly when FS's "prop pitch" is set fully forward and left alone......since you've re-assigned the "prop" lever to engine #2, you can use the keyboard command Ctrl-F4 to set both props to "full".

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I can confirm with the Eaglesoft panel setting Ctrl F4 is correct however with the Mindstar it seems to be inverted - I then have to set the props to feather by pressing Ctrl F1.

Hi

Similar to the initial post in this thread, I've been experiencing support issues with Mindstar (for the G1000 Cockpit Panel).

I sent a lengthy email (below) to the company 11 days ago, & re-sent it (just in case it wasn't received) 4 days ago; no reply.

Just wondering if anyone could please read through the email & advise as to where to go from here?

I'd also like to highlight that:

• An Avsim member has posted that the features (which I'm having problems with) do actually work (final paragraph & beyond, of the 'Panel' section)
  • I'm using: XP SP3, 32-Bit, FSX acceleration expansion pack, but recently installed Eaglesoft, followed byMindstar, on a friend's Win 8.1 (64-Bit), FSX SP2; the features still failed to work
  • Every time I open the Mindstar Update Wizard (about 10 times over the last few weeks), I get an error: "The server supporting the Update Wizard is temporarily offline. Please try again later"

To Whom it may concern,

For solely flight training purposes, I purchased the 'G1000 Panel for FSX' (to be used in conjunction with Eaglesoft's DA42).

While meeting the software requirements - http://www.mindstaraviation.com/ - (I'm running XP SP3), I've met with very little success in utilizing some of the key features advertized -http://www.mindstaraviation.com/G1000_Features.html - i.e. GPS flight planning, engine manifold pressure indicator, setting minimums in TMR/REF window, OBS, etc.

I'm perfectly aware of the following conflict - http://www.mindstaraviation.com/G1000_Selection.html - however, I've never once used FSX's Flight Planning feature, & yes, I have been 'accepting the MFD's splash screen' from the very outset.

To add to this, the Hidden Features - http://www.mindstaraviation.com/G1000_hidden_features.html - Softkey is inactive, nor can I enable it by following the 'COM2' prompts.

And finally, when I enter the G1000 Configuration Program, I seek to apply 'PFD Wind' changes from 'Off' to 'H:T:X' (prior to loading FSX), but to no avail. 

I can possibly make do without the Hidden Features & Wind Indicator, but the earlier-mentioned features are critical, particularly Flight Planning.

Please provide me with troubleshooting advice.

Regards,

Ben

Eaglesoft products have been tested by W8 expert users and we know they work in that OS. We can't help on the Mindstar unit, that is their wheelhouse.

There is a Mindstar Support Forum here at Avsim. :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png