Sign in to follow this  
bussgarfield

System Requirements for NGX

Hi to all at the PMDG team.Would it be possible for you to give us the heads up on the minimum computer system details that will be required to run the NGX software. I have tried to find previous threads on this topic but with no luck.Apologies if I have repeated a similar question but having just had a system crash with Windows Vista I am upgrading to W7 and it got me thinking.Gary

So far the word is that it's running better than the MD11 but there was some talk about it slowing down to maybe MD11 performance levels at actual release. I don't think there is really anyway to know until it at least enters beta as they're still adding things in and putting it together.

Cheers Ryan.I am sure there are others, like me, that have 'older' equipment, albeit under 2 years old and there will need to be some upgrades required.The MD11 does run a little slow on my system so hopefully it will cope with the NGX initially.I would hope that the system requirements are released when known, prior to the actual release of NGX, to allow us to prepare.Gary

Hi. Does the md-11 runs better than the 744x?I only have the Queen so i cannot compareThanks

Surprisingly yes. The MD11 seems more complex yet I find it runs very noticeably smoother than their 74.

Hi Laszio.The only answer I can give to your question is yes. I haven't had the 747 up and running for a while as it was so slow. Due to my system crash I have had a complete format of my hard drive and will be loading everything back on within a few days.Gary

Guest wims

The MD-11 runs great IMO, better than most of my addons.

Thanks Guys. Maybe i should buy md11 while waiting for the ngx. i think i will.Thanks for the info.

Thanks Guys. Maybe i should buy md11 while waiting for the ngx. i think i will.Thanks for the info.
Get the MD-11 it is superb you wont be disappointed.

I Think, if your PC can run the "Jetstream", it Can run the 737NGX too.

Do that at your own risk though!If you buy the MD-11 now you are taking the big risk that you won't be willing to buy the NGX for a while...

i think i can run iti7 920 4 ghzgtx 580raptor 320 gb 10000 rpm6 gb kingston 1600 mhz.the jetstream is running very fine on my systemhere is what i have done.[bufferpools]poolsize=0http://mediawiki.gamusino.net/index.php/FSX:_Texture_Bandwidth_Mult_&_Bufferpoolsthis really works on my fsx,and i mean REALLY works.my fsx is running smooth as it never has before.