Sign in to follow this  
kterz

Non precision approaches and go around questions

Hello to all,Great product Bryan, congratulaions! I have a couple of questions1) The manual says that when a non precision approach (VOR, circling etc) is performed, then the MDA should be set to the text box in the control panel. In this case should the MDA orange bug in the altimeter be left to zero? I did that in a specific approach (with FMC fully progammed) and nothing happened. What is different when setting the MDA in control panel?2) In the manual, you provide a couple of flows, including a non precision approach. "Beacon inbound" or "VOR inbound" should trigger some kind of response from the FO? Should the FO (PNF) say "Check ___ feet" when crossing the fix, or is this not modelled?3) In case of a go around, when I say "go around" and it is recognised, should the FO respond by pressing the GO button below EICAS, or is that left to me?In any case, this product really excels in the case of a go around. I just fly the plane and almost everything else is just spoken. I can almost feel the teamwork required in this difficult maneuver in the RW.Thanks in advance for any replies,Kostas

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

Hi Kostas,Glad you like it :( 1. It makes no difference from FS2Crew's internal perspective what you do with the orange bug on a non-prec approach. However, I'd bug the MDA for your own reference.2. Not modeled. Having the FO read back a stream of numbers just sounds "clunky" so I didn't include it. It just doesn't sound good.3. You have to press TOGA.Cheers,

Hi Kostas,Glad you like it :(
Keep it coming!
1. It makes no difference from FS2Crew's internal perspective what you do with the orange bug on a non-prec approach. However, I'd bug the MDA for your own reference.
OK, thanks. I just haven't figured out the logic (as regards FS2Crew's internal perspective) behind the 3 ways of settings MDA/DH (CATI, CATII or III and NonPrec/Circling). It has to do with "Decide" call out? Is it not possible for your code to directly "read" the orange bug setting? Sorry, for being so pedantic, but I really like your product and I would like to know every single detail :-)
2. Not modeled. Having the FO read back a stream of numbers just sounds "clunky" so I didn't include it. It just doesn't sound good.
You are probably right there
3. You have to press TOGA.
I am ok with that.I have it assigned to a joystick button anyway. Thanks Kostas

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

Hi Kostas,For a Non-Prec approach, I can't use the orange bug (even though I can read it) because the DA/MDA might be quite high, which makes calculating the DA/MDA impossible based on the orange bug alone, so the user need to manually enter an DA/MDA value to account for those situations.Best,

Hi Kostas,For a Non-Prec approach, I can't use the orange bug (even though I can read it) because the DA/MDA might be quite high, which makes calculating the DA/MDA impossible based on the orange bug alone, so the user need to manually enter an DA/MDA value to account for those situations.Best,
Oh! I must have been stupid or something! I just realized that the FS2Crew control panel MDA text box accepts inputs > 1000! I used to enter there i.e. 580 (the "calculated" value I would set in the orange bug) instead of 1580 for a published MDA of 1530 and TDZE=1157 and nothing happened! It's all clear now, thanks for this Bryan,Cheers,Kostas

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png