Sign in to follow this  
Remco

PMDG 747-400 Queen of the skies FMS

Hi Everybody,Yesterday I installed FS2004 on my computer and afterwards the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the skies expansion. I was surprised how easy it was! The only problem I am now having is that there are no SIDs/STARs loaded in the FMS database. So it is not possible to fly a SID or STAR, I can only fly along self inserted points. The FMS knows these points, so I think the FMS must also contain SIDs and STARs?I signed up today on this site. I have been looking in many parts of the forum for the past few days, but I can not find an answer to my question. I would really appreciate some help!! :-)Kind regards,Remco

I beleive during the install portion you should choose custom installation and check sid/star option.Also there are are alot more in the AVSIM file library..older cycles though.

Hi Everybody,Yesterday I installed FS2004 on my computer and afterwards the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the skies expansion. I was surprised how easy it was! The only problem I am now having is that there are no SIDs/STARs loaded in the FMS database. So it is not possible to fly a SID or STAR, I can only fly along self inserted points. The FMS knows these points, so I think the FMS must also contain SIDs and STARs?I signed up today on this site. I have been looking in many parts of the forum for the past few days, but I can not find an answer to my question. I would really appreciate some help!! :-)Kind regards,Remco
There's a PMDG support forum here at AVSIM where you can get help from the developers and some very knowledgeable people. Just scroll down a bit further from this FS9 section.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Thanks for your advice! I will see how far I'll get with that information.It must be possible to insert SIDs/ STARs and approaches of specific airports, but the BIG question is how? I am trying to find out how I can insert SID/STAR/APPR data of EHAM into my PMDG 747 400 FMS. Inserting LAT/LONG coordinates is maybe an alternative? But also for this option I still have to find out how it works... Any advice is welcome, I will write it down if I am succesfull. I suppose this forum is to help each other isn't it? :-)