Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wizardd

FS Genesis Eurpoe 76.4 terrain

Guest shanwick

Does anyone know how the new FSGenesis 76.4m STRM terrain for Europe compares with Lago's TerraMesh? Is it better, or worse ....?Thanks for any info.David

It's going to require a bit of testing before anyone can give you a sensible answer so quickly! I had Lago's mesh ... installed Nanucq's 76.4 freeware mesh for UK which is better ... now we have this third option, and another freeware one at that! Good old Justin .... reverting after flying a few familiar haunts ....Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Anthony_D

>Does anyone know how the new FSGenesis 76.4m STRM terrain for>Europe compares with Lago's TerraMesh? Is it better, or worseI'd be interested in this question. I've got Lago terramesh for the whole of Europe - in my opinion it was the best addon purchase I've made.It's brilliant all my favourite mountains are well represented.But there are some exceptions. For some reason, the hills of Ireland looked like Pyramids! The terramesh documentation did say that Ireland was based on less precise data.An awful lot of terrain was missed out (despite downloaded patches). For example, a huge swathe of North Norway east of Tromso, the western fringes of the Outer Hebrides, and the French hills between the Pyrenees and the Alps aren't there (French Rivera?). There's probably more places as well.I have to say though that fs2004's handling of terrammesh is briliant - better frame rates and the addon mesh detail shows up on the map as well.

Guest anthonye

Far better for Southwest England for me using the new FSGenesis, really good.Anthony......

Guest Lizardo

I've had Lago's & Faitmain's free UK, and I like FsGenesis the best..no more dead-flat land anywhere.

My test will be to see if Brighton Marina is still on the edge of a steep hill (in the sea!)Presumably one has to "add it" into the scenery database in FS2004 before it works (and disable Lago and Faitman?)RegardsAdam Moore

Southwest England, eh? My sim is crashing to desktop when I try to position to Plymouth or Exeter in the airport selection menu ... ever since I loaded FS Genesis mesh. Other airports I've tried further north seem OK.Anybody else care to test this and report?Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Lizardo

Yipe, you're right! I pulled it all out, but it still does it. (grrr).

Guest shanwick

My version of Lago's TerraMesh for England and Wales does include the whole of Wales. Don't know what you are running ????David

HI Guys,I can't duplicate this problem. Maybe you guys can compare notes to see if there are any commonalities.Seems like it might be something other than the terrain, though, Lizardo, if you're still getting it after removing it.-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Guest Lizardo

That's what I am starting to think too. Dark: do you have Ruud Faber's Europe FALL also?

Guest Lizardo

Aha: Solution = kill Fs9 CFG file and force it to make a new one.