Sign in to follow this  
HenriW

Hydraulic pumps

Hi Bryan,I notice that in the pre-flight procedure the engine hydraulic pumps are turned on and the electrical hydraulic pumps remain turned off. The latter are turned on during the before start procedure. Is this really the proper order? From the iFly 737 tutorial I understand that it should be the other way around, i.e., electrical hydraulic pumps on after starting the APU and engine hydraulic pumps on just before starting the engines. To me that makes sense as well.I do have to say that this version of FS2CREW really is fabulous. Congratulations.Best regards,Henri

Hi Bryan,I notice that in the pre-flight procedure the engine hydraulic pumps are turned on and the electrical hydraulic pumps remain turned off. The latter are turned on during the before start procedure. Is this really the proper order? From the iFly 737 tutorial I understand that it should be the other way around, i.e., electrical hydraulic pumps on after starting the APU and engine hydraulic pumps on just before starting the engines. To me that makes sense as well.I do have to say that this version of FS2CREW really is fabulous. Congratulations.Best regards,Henri
Hi Henri,Glad you like it :( I'll pass the mic over to Damien for that question; he's my SOP guy for this version.Cheers,

Hi Henri,Glad you like it Big Grin.gif I'll pass the mic over to Damien for that question; he's my SOP guy for this version.Cheers,
Hi Bryan,I tried to find the sequence on the video's I own for the 737NG. Without luck so far. However, finally I found some footage on YouTube showing that the engine hydraulic pumps are turned on before the electrical hydraulic pumps are. This is in agreement with the flow of FS2CREW and opposite of what the iFly manual states. I realize that procedures may vary from one carrier to another, but so far there is no reason to believe that your order is wrong. For reference I include the link to the mentioned footage:
Take a look around 0:33 and 1:03.Best regards,Henri

Hi Bryan,I tried to find the sequence on the video's I own for the 737NG. Without luck so far. However, finally I found some footage on YouTube showing that the engine hydraulic pumps are turned on before the electrical hydraulic pumps are. This is in agreement with the flow of FS2CREW and opposite of what the iFly manual states. I realize that procedures may vary from one carrier to another, but so far there is no reason to believe that your order is wrong. For reference I include the link to the mentioned footage:
Take a look around 0:33 and 1:03.Best regards,Henri
Hi Henri,No worries.Cheers,

Hi Henri,The engine driven pumps are left ON all the time because that allows the hydraulic pump shutoff solenoid to remain de-energized to allow pump pressure in the system. Eng pumps are not turned off, thus allowing for thermal expansion after shutdown, Also they should remain ON at shutdown to prolong solenoid life.Regards

Bryan,In the iFly forum another forum member (Speedbird) gave me the information I was looking for: http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&PID=18848#18848"The engine driven pumps are left ON all the time because that allows the hydraulic pump shutoff solenoid to remain de-energized to allow pump pressure in the system. Eng pumps are not turned off, thus allowing for thermal expansion after shutdown, Also they should remain ON at shutdown to prolong solenoid life."FS2CREW sequence is the proper one. Sorry if I caused confusion.Best regards,Henri