Sign in to follow this  
Gabe_62

General Query re Vioce Activated Editions

Hi there,I note that all the voice activated editions of FS2Crew, except the PMDG 747, allow you to tell the FO to change values in the MCP and flick switches to activate various modes etc.This would be particularly useful in the Maddog, as you can currently only change the numbers on the MCP and operate switches using the middle mouse button - which in FS9 using the F1 view dll, is not possible as the middle mouse button zooms the cockipit view ! (why they did this the Lord only knows !!! ?? Doh ! - but that's a nother story I guess)So, this functionality is very attractive.However, my question is: is it possible to "skip" certain procedures/checklists etc. of FS2Crew, and ONLY use it to give general commands to the FO ?In other words, do you have to use it to its full extent - from Cold and Dark, all checklists etc - or can you choose which elements you use ?Cheers.

Hi there,I note that all the voice activated editions of FS2Crew, except the PMDG 747, allow you to tell the FO to change values in the MCP and flick switches to activate various modes etc.This would be particularly useful in the Maddog, as you can currently only change the numbers on the MCP and operate switches using the middle mouse button - which in FS9 using the F1 view dll, is not possible as the middle mouse button zooms the cockipit view ! (why they did this the Lord only knows !!! ?? Doh ! - but that's a nother story I guess)So, this functionality is very attractive.However, my question is: is it possible to "skip" certain procedures/checklists etc. of FS2Crew, and ONLY use it to give general commands to the FO ?In other words, do you have to use it to its full extent - from Cold and Dark, all checklists etc - or can you choose which elements you use ?Cheers.
Hi Gabe,Sorta yes. Sorta no.You can skip around, and you don't need to to start cold and dark every time.However, some of the voice commands are tied to conditions. This is to help prevent things that you don't want to happen from accidentally happening... like say you cough and the speech recognition system somehow interprets that as 'gear down' and you're in cruise... you obviously don't want the gear to come down.That's why FS2Crew doesn't do total free play unlike some other voice apps.So, yes, it's flexible.. you just want to ensure you're in the right FS2Crew mode.Cheers,

Thnx for that.Could you elaborate on FS2Crew "MODE".And, how do you skip Cold and Dark - I thought that FS2Crew needed to be started from scratch ?Also, have yo seen the Fly The Maddog DVD ?I'm considering getting the whole package.

Thnx for that.Could you elaborate on FS2Crew "MODE".And, how do you skip Cold and Dark - I thought that FS2Crew needed to be started from scratch ?Also, have yo seen the Fly The Maddog DVD ?I'm considering getting the whole package.
Hi,The older versions of FS2Crew are quite different from the newer versions. The newer versions are much more flexible. So running the pre-flight events is 'optional' with the newer stuff.Modes... hard to explain... but for example you might be in 'takeoff mode'... 'takeoff' will be displayed on the FS2Crew panel... and calls associated with takeoff would be available.Haven't seen the DVD.Cheers,