Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

Compromises

ATC Compromises
  • ATC SDK (Voice) - allow for an EditVoicePack equivalent to customize and regionalize the voices. We can crowdsource the voices or, in not too many years from now, synthesize them.

That's an interesting list. You are aware that for FS9 (aka: FS2004) ACES did release an ATC SDK? However, after having read it closely, it appears that everyone was disheartened to learn that they'd need ~64,000 unique sound (.wav) files per voice!Which most likely explains why -to my knowledge at least- there hasn't been one example of a new voice made available... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On that point I agree completely. That doesn't take away the fact that some approximations in flight simulators are far more realistic than others. Not the kind of logic I subscribe to. Souns more like a case of reductio ad absurdum to me.
I agree that is absurd .. but so is suggesting getting rid of ATC in a flight sim.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.