Sign in to follow this  
MrRoper

JS4100 vnav problem

Hi,Just bought the JS4100 along with the MD-11 and must say they are amazing.I seem to be having an issue with the FMS VNAV for the JS4100, in that its altiude doesnt correspond to the actual altitude of the aircraft (see attachment) I must be doing something wrong as it was fine for the tutorial. any ideas?Thanks in advanceChris Warner

Chris Warner

PMDG : JS4100, MD-11, 737 NGX (Soon!)

Very pretty screen shot but 1) you have covered the A/P annunciators 2) you have not set standard pressure, and 3) the JS41 FMS does not have VNAV. The FMS has no vertical navigation interface. All it can do is tell you what it thinks you should do. The A/P can control rate of climb or descent using VS or IAS, and it can hold a selected altitude, but it is completly up to the pilot to manage VNAV.

Further to the post above, use the big knob labelled "ALT" to select your preffered alt, use the button called VS to control the vertical speed, and the wheel on the center pedestal to control rate of climb / descent. You will have to manually control speed.At 1000 to final alt a horrible noise occurs and at final alt the aircraft should level out.I have had the aircraft for two weeks now, and can just about complete a flight.

Ian R Tyldesley

Further to the post above, use the big knob labelled "ALT" to select your preffered alt, use the button called VS to control the vertical speed, and the wheel on the center pedestal to control rate of climb / descent. You will have to manually control speed.At 1000 to final alt a horrible noise occurs and at final alt the aircraft should level out.I have had the aircraft for two weeks now, and can just about complete a flight.
I understand that the aircraft has no autopilot vnav, but the FMS is still reporting my altitude wrong, shouldnt the value next to descent (the first line) equal my altitude? the vnav screen doesnt acknolwedge that I am at the TOC and therefore i dont get a TOD required FPM for my descent

Chris Warner

Just so you know, i have sorted it :)My fsx settings where set to metric, which was showing the height in the FMS as meters not feet!!

Chris Warner

That's some strange condition on FMC,it should be to# MON(next point) ALT,and i has occurred this condition too....But i forgot how fix it.I guess select DATA in vnav page,then deleted CRZ alt. Could be fix it.