Sign in to follow this  
SAS263

What other games/simulators do we all play??

Guest Eagle92395

I don't know if this forum is for this kind of discussion, and I'll gladly move it to Hangar Chat (or whatever one it should be in) if it bothers some. Anyways... What other games do all you simmers out there play BESIDES MS or Fly! or Flight Unlimited Flight Simulators?? I have a feeling many of us tend to play the same type of games... enjoying a simulator takes a certain type of person ;) Myself... I play (both CFS included I guess) Half-Life Counter Strike, Unreal Tournament, Falcon 4.0, Warcraft 3. Anyone else?

Apart from a bit of CFS, and very occasionally RTS (realtime strategy) games (and the last time I did those seriously was in 1999 or so), nothing at all.

Guest BMarcoux

Either MSFS or Nascar 2002

Anything really accept for hardcore RPG's, though i'll be getting star wars galaxys.We dont want FS running our lives now do we. :-zhelp

I play around with GP4,F12002,Grand Prix Legends(great sim) and I fly with FS2002.

I've been using NoLimits coaster sim for a while. Never released in retail stores, it's only available for web purchase and download. There's been great support for it, several free patches and updates, and a rather large user community. I've been a big coaster fan for almost 30 years now, and as I've grown older, I don't get the chance to ride 'em as much. No Limits is the best substitute I've seen..... :)-John

I only play simulators, other genres are not interesting at all. PS1.3, AS2, X-plane. Less frequently MS train sim, Virtual Sailor. Perhaps 1-3 times a year WWII combat flying or Silent hunter 2. I used to drive racing sims alot, Papyrus sims and F1 simulators. Chasing better and better lap times was an obsession. Somehow racing sims lost their attraction, perhaps I drove too much;)

Guest Eagle92395

I figured we all mostly played simulators on here!! LOL. JohnCi, I'm interested in that roller coaster game, gotta link? I love RTS games like Warcraft 3, Command and Conquer, Starcraft...etc, but I don't play them much anymore. FPS games are my favorite besides the trusty MSFS series!

Links 2001Online golf has a community that is very interactive. There are golf clubs (VA's for hackers) that play both interclub and interior tourneys.There are addon course available that will just blow your mind (and your hard drive if its not big enough) away. If anyone is interested my alter ego is GS_Goose at [www.greenseekers.com]Mark

Here's a link to the site that sells it:www.nolimitscoaster.deAnd here's a link to one of the forum sites:www.coastergames.net

The only other game I play is an addiction I've had since 1996 - Descent. The third version in the series, Descent3, was released about 2-1/2 years ago but really was ahead of its time, since only now does the average mainstream home PC have enough horsepower to render the game properly for smooth real-time play. If you've had a taste of general aviation in the real world and want to play a game that will release the same endorphins that real-life flying produces, you owe it to yourself to find a $10 copy of Descent3 in the "older games" section of your local computer superstore, or online.Descent3 is a first-person shooter, but don't confuse it with "groundpounder" games like Unreal Tournament, Half-Life, Quake, Doom, etc. In Descent3 you are piloting a single-person spaceship but confined to a cavern-like environment (a subterranean mine inside an asteroid according to the storyline) to conserve polygon bandwidth, with no gravity & full 3-D movement control. There is no gore, just spaceships shooting at each other.The single-player version is good for training purposes but the really exciting element is online multi-player over the Internet. On a typical weekend evening there are 50-75 multi-player servers running in the USA, with 2-8 people playing in each game. Sadly for Descent3, though, there are perhaps 20 times that many servers&players playing Unreal Tournament!Now that the typical home PC can display the game properly, the biggest obstacles to the game's popularity are 1) that the motion control is REALLY hard to learn, and 2) that some people experience strong vertigo after playing the game for many minutes. Hopefully this post will stir up some interest in Descent3, since 3-D flight should be a strong enticement for the typical AVSIM reader.Here are Interplay's official and [link:www.interplay.com/descent3/fss.html|screenshots]. The busiest bulletin board is [link:http://www.descentbb.net/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi]here. Enjoy!http://www.interplay.com/descent3/images/desc3orb.gif

My favourite game ever is GTA3. I play that most of the time tha I am not simming. It's the only game installed on my computer.Sims: I have installed FS2002 Pro, X-Plane 6.12, FLY!2.Take careMike

Guest Eagle92395

Descent!!! Man I loved that game! I almost quit school to play it (lol). It was a close one between that one and X-Wing vs Tie Fighter Star Wars game. I don't mind playing a few rounds of Tiger Woods 2002 golf either, it's on my brothers computer.

I play Falcon 4, Flanker 2.5, Comanche VS Hokum, Ghost Recon, and a variety of racing simulations, including Nascar 4 and F1 2001. Every now and then a FPS will get my attention. I played the marine mission of Aliens VS Predator 2. I also enjoy Mechwarrior 4. How do I play so many games? I do them in phases. Currently, I am in my combat sim phase. :)--T