Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

AFCAD2 bgl = memory leak??

I recall reading on these forums about how if you have a .bgl file the addon scenery directory and the bgl does no have textures (or if there is a 'texture' subdirectory that is empty, this will cause a memory leak?All of my AF2 .bgl files are in the scenery sub dir WITH a texture sub dir that is empty - is this a concern??

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Wherever you heard that from, it's either a generality based on misunderstanding, or another `expert` spouting off on a topic about which they know nothing.Allcott

I think you will find Mike that the problem was with landlass files and not AFCAD2 files.IIRC if you use landclass scenery and add an empty texture folder it can/will cause problems. The Landclass BGL just goes into a scenery folder, no assoiciated texture folder reqired.Do a search for 'landclass' just to make sure.HTH

thanks guys, as always a great help. The thought just came up during lunch today with a few other simmers.much appreciated.

Well - perhaps you have seen a problem like this:Working with AFCAD2 and FS9 open to see planeposition etc. I find that FS9 after a while (10-15-20 min) runs out of memory and closes down. I have 1GB ram so I am a bit surprised over this. Any ideas?Torben AndersenDenmark