Sign in to follow this  
mikegrr

How do you save a dual monitor setup

Hi, Can someone help with this dilemma? I have a dual monitor setup. I have loaded a flight, open a window, set the window to the proper cockpit view, drag it to my other monitor, resize it, setup both monitors so they align correctly and save the flight. When I reload the flight, it seems I have to go through the whole process again. Is there a way to save the flight and have it come up on both monitors all setup as I left it? I haven't tried many other ways to do this, but I would sure love to avoid this extra unneccessary work.ThanksMike

Hi, Can someone help with this dilemma? I have a dual monitor setup. I have loaded a flight, open a window, set the window to the proper cockpit view, drag it to my other monitor, resize it, setup both monitors so they align correctly and save the flight. When I reload the flight, it seems I have to go through the whole process again. Is there a way to save the flight and have it come up on both monitors all setup as I left it? I haven't tried many other ways to do this, but I would sure love to avoid this extra unneccessary work.ThanksMike
Are you reloading the Saved Flight? ie Clicking on Saved Flights? It sounds like you may be loading the basic flight for that aircraft rather than one from your Saved Flight file. I keep a variety of Saved Flights- various airports/runways,weather,time of day etc and any one of these will load correctly with triple monitors in FS9. I assume same for FSX.Only exception is that if there is any Zoom on a Saved Flight monitor, it will reload one decimal point lower and need to be adjusted. Occasionally a view edge may need to be dragged a 1/16" to move it exactly to monitor edge upon reloading.AR

That utility sounds like just what I was looking for! I'm downloading it now and will try it soon. I know I'm not crazy that FSX can't keep track of this.Thanks!![Are you reloading the Saved Flight? ie Clicking on Saved Flights? It sounds like you may be loading the basic flight for that aircraft rather than one from your Saved Flight file. I keep a variety of Saved Flights- various airports/runways,weather,time of day etc and any one of these will load correctly with triple monitors in FS9. I assume same for FSX.Only exception is that if there is any Zoom on a Saved Flight monitor, it will reload one decimal point lower and need to be adjusted. Occasionally a view edge may need to be dragged a 1/16" to move it exactly to monitor edge upon reloading.ARNO its a saved flight. It takes me to the runway and time of the flight that I saved. Is it just FSX?

I did some more testing. It seems like the second panel (or side view for the secod monitor) is saved on top of the main panel. If I drag the panel on top to the second monitor, everything works. I couldn't see the main panel under the second panel before I dragged the second panel to the second monitor, and thought it wasn't active. One drag to the second monitor is not too painful. When I tried it and crashed the plane, the restart used both monitors as I had set it up. Figure that out!Mike

I did some more testing. It seems like the second panel (or side view for the secod monitor) is saved on top of the main panel. If I drag the panel on top to the second monitor, everything works. I couldn't see the main panel under the second panel before I dragged the second panel to the second monitor, and thought it wasn't active. One drag to the second monitor is not too painful. When I tried it and crashed the plane, the restart used both monitors as I had set it up. Figure that out!Mike
It works fine for me if I load from a saved flight:multiwindows.jpgGTX 260