Sign in to follow this  
JS411

B-25 Briefing Time Fatal Error

Hi,I recently installed B-25 Briefing Time from the 2004 CD plus the FSX update, and when I bring up the pop up windows to show different sections of the cockpit, I get Fatal Error and FSX shuts down. I've only found a one or two with the same problem and their told it's the uiautomationcore.dll causing the problem. Has there been a simple fix for this and if not, where is a step by step explaination to solve this problem? I'm using Windows 7 64.

Hi,I recently installed B-25 Briefing Time from the 2004 CD plus the FSX update, and when I bring up the pop up windows to show different sections of the cockpit, I get Fatal Error and FSX shuts down. I've only found a one or two with the same problem and their told it's the uiautomationcore.dll causing the problem. Has there been a simple fix for this and if not, where is a step by step explaination to solve this problem? I'm using Windows 7 64.
JS411 -If you want to try the "uiautomationcore.dll" fix, I've uploaded a good version of it here: http://www.mediafire...m1e38bebcsuzayc. All you have to do is place the .dll in your FSX directory (Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X). Solved crash problems on my old Vista64 and new WIndows7 install.Please let us know if it worked for you...Matt

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Please report back and let us know how you fare with this fix. I have another customer suffering the same symptom on his Win7 64, but with the R4D. It happens when he opens the Overhead Electrical Panel, but never did with his previous XP system. I hope this is the magic bullet.Thanks for the tip, Matt.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Did as suggested, and I already had a Uiautomationcore.dll in MSFSX folder. Replaced it anyway with no luck. The only difference between the two, small difference in KB size, thats all. It appears this may be a bigger problem that would require a bit more that adding a dll to the FSX main folder. I never had this problem when I had vista 32 Bit.