Sign in to follow this  
Pahlmla

FS2Crew 2010: Leonardo Maddog Voice Commander Edition

I've been enjoying Flight Simulator for decades (since Bruce Artwick's FS for the C64),and most recently learning the intricacies of the Leonardo Maddog.. I believe I'm far enough along the learning curve to appreciate and explore the benefits that "FS2Crew2010: Leonardo Maddog Voice Commander Edition" can add to the enjoyment of operating this aircraft. My problem is the VOICE RECOGNITION in the FS2Crew Panel will not activate.I've walked through the FS2Crew manual for Pre-start setup before I start FS2Crew. I start FS2Crew and everything seems to function (countdown clock, crew (FO & FA) voices, etc.), but when I left-click the VOICE RECOGNITION Box in the FS2Crew Panel, the red ON light comes on then immediately goes out. I can not communicate with my crew! My headset is recognized and setup in the FS2Crew config panel and I can HEAR everything, but apparently, no one can hear me. I'm stumped. (My headset mic worked fine when I set it up in Windows 7 voice recognition).Any suggestions? I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with Maddog (FSX 2010 update) and FS2Crew 2010 (Service Pack 3). My headset is the eDimensional AudioFX Pro 5+1 w/ latest Windows 7 drivers..Larry

I've been enjoying Flight Simulator for decades (since Bruce Artwick's FS for the C64),and most recently learning the intricacies of the Leonardo Maddog.. I believe I'm far enough along the learning curve to appreciate and explore the benefits that "FS2Crew2010: Leonardo Maddog Voice Commander Edition" can add to the enjoyment of operating this aircraft. My problem is the VOICE RECOGNITION in the FS2Crew Panel will not activate.I've walked through the FS2Crew manual for Pre-start setup before I start FS2Crew. I start FS2Crew and everything seems to function (countdown clock, crew (FO & FA) voices, etc.), but when I left-click the VOICE RECOGNITION Box in the FS2Crew Panel, the red ON light comes on then immediately goes out. I can not communicate with my crew! My headset is recognized and setup in the FS2Crew config panel and I can HEAR everything, but apparently, no one can hear me. I'm stumped. (My headset mic worked fine when I set it up in Windows 7 voice recognition).Any suggestions? I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with Maddog (FSX 2010 update) and FS2Crew 2010 (Service Pack 3). My headset is the eDimensional AudioFX Pro 5+1 w/ latest Windows 7 drivers..Larry
Hi Larry,Problem is your Speech Recognizer is not set to English - US.It's probably set to English - UK, or English - SA or wherever you're from.You just need to change it to English - US.There's a screen shot in the manual of what the Speech Recognition panel in the Windows Control Panel should look like.Cheers,

Hi Larry,Problem is your Speech Recognizer is not set to English - US.It's probably set to English - UK, or English - SA or wherever you're from.You just need to change it to English - US.There's a screen shot in the manual of what the Speech Recognition panel in the Windows Control Panel should look like.Cheers,
Thanks, Bryan.The "Speech Recognizer" is set to English - US.I also revisted my FS2Crew 2010 Default 737 Voice Commander. Same problem. I can't get Voice Activation to activate. I did manage to get a pop-up error message box:"XACT Audio Init Failed" Please contact FS2Crew. Error Code 0X8889000f."If it makes any difference, I'm running FSX Gold (Acceleration package). The only other thing I can think to mention is that the headset is a USB device, not that that should matter. I'd sure love to be able to use both my FS2Crew Voice Commander programs. (I know my FS2Crew: Default FSX 747 Edition is good. I won't be a smart-&@($* and try to be cute.)Larry - Fayetteville, Arkansas USA

Thanks, Bryan.The "Speech Recognizer" is set to English - US.I also revisted my FS2Crew 2010 Default 737 Voice Commander. Same problem. I can't get Voice Activation to activate. I did manage to get a pop-up error message box:"XACT Audio Init Failed" Please contact FS2Crew. Error Code 0X8889000f."If it makes any difference, I'm running FSX Gold (Acceleration package). The only other thing I can think to mention is that the headset is a USB device, not that that should matter. I'd sure love to be able to use both my FS2Crew Voice Commander programs. (I know my FS2Crew: Default FSX 747 Edition is good. I won't be a smart-&@($* and try to be cute.)Larry - Fayetteville, Arkansas USA
Hi Larry,Something is messed up on your system.Please re-install the latest Direct X and VS2008 run-times.They can be found via Google.That should hopefully clear the issue.Also, make sure you're not running any programs that attempt to strip downloaded music of DRM rights; those cause problems with the FS2Crew audio engine.Best,

Bryan,Again, thanks for your input and suggestions.I found via Google “Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime”. Although I’m not familiar with this program, I downloaded and installed it on my PC. Also, FYI, I am using DirectX 11 (I believe this is the latest version of DirectX).I have three headsets w/ mics (a Sony PS3 bluetooth headset, an AudioFX Pro USB headset and a Logitech headset that plugs into my SoundBlaster 0886 X-Fi audio card) and two stand-alone desk microphones. [ Yes, I have quite a bit invested in PC sound ]. ALL of my headsets and stand-alone desk microphones were set-up for Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) Voice Recognition. ALL work flawlessly with Microsoft Voice Recognition.I have run trouble-shooting programs without finding any driver or software issues. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why the FS2Creww Voice Commander programs I have do not “recognize” any of my microphones' input. I’m exhausted. I guess I wasn’t meant to enjoy what “sounds” like a great extension to enjoying the world of FS.Thanks for your efforts. If there’s anything else you can think of trying, I’ll take a deep breath and give it another go.Larry

Larry, maybe you can try this. In fsx menu go to sound setup. Select your speakers for all environment sounds like engines, navigation etc. Then choose your headset in the list for voices. Click ok. Quit and start fsx again. Stephane

vpa055.png

Larry, maybe you can try this. In fsx menu go to sound setup. Select your speakers for all environment sounds like engines, navigation etc. Then choose your headset in the list for voices. Click ok. Quit and start fsx again. Stephane
Also make sure you're not using more than one sound card at the same time, which it sounds like you might be based on your complex sound setup.Cheers,