Evening guys- I have ripped open my Saitek TPM box that arrived today from Amazon. For starters, wow! Pretty cool and I never thought it would be so different than throwing the throttle with the quadrants - quite different indeed. The only question I have is how to properly calibrate the plungers. The calibrate function in FSX is difficult because it asks you to center / neutralize the control. These plungers don't have a set center point. They are just rollers so trying to find the center is proving difficult. What this is causing is that the RPM never reach full idle speeds nor full RPM speeds. I can tell when I grab the throttle in the VC - I can pull the throttle out just about 1/4" more. Any suggestions from TPM owners on what you have done to get a good calibration? Benjamin

Benjamin Van Eps

Not sure if you use FSUIPC registered, but it might help as it can set the range.

I calibrate every axis through FSUIPC and not the crappy default calibration.

Sorry to hijack this topic. Are these actual working plungers? Do they rotate as well to fine tune eg throttle just like on the real Cessna's for example?Rob

RobdeVries.jpg

Sorry to hijack this topic. Are these actual working plungers? Do they rotate as well to fine tune eg throttle just like on the real Cessna's for example?Rob
They are working plungers with nice tight roller resistance. You have asked the question I wish they had - there is no rotation for fine adjustment. I with they did.I never would have figured such a different flying experience with the TPM over throttle quadrant. It's nice to match the yoke and throttle sysytem with what the model plane would actually have. Break out the quads for twins like the chyenne and duke... X52 pro for the jets and gliders... TPM for the typical GA birds I have been flying.

Benjamin Van Eps

That's a bummer. So you have both the TPM and the throttle quadrant? How did you set them up (physically) and how do switch between them without them intervering with each other Do you have enough room for both controllers?

RobdeVries.jpg

I had the same problem, go to FSX control set up select TPM from drop down and move the sensitivity sliders ( throttle,mix and rpm) to the far right and then save setting it will work fine

Holland - yeah I was kind of hoping they would twist also but.. Still a nice step forward nonetheless. Regarding physical connection - that would be sweet to have everything hooked up but noooo. I swap them out depending in what I am going to fly. I have to physically remove from the desk and hook up the next controller :)I consider it sort of like pulling and airplane out the hanger. Its just something you have to do...Shiner - roger that's where I have everything set also. I took the que from their pedal settings. I still have about 1/4" of pull if I grab the throttle with my mouse. I will recallibrate when I get home. Currently on vacation.. :)

Benjamin Van Eps

I also had the 1/4" play, so I loaded an aircraft, cold, then push all three controls in with my mouse, then went to the top of the screen, control setting reset them fully to the right, then return to the aircraft, make sure you save your setting before you close fsx

Holland - yeah I was kind of hoping they would twist also but.. Still a nice step forward nonetheless. Regarding physical connection - that would be sweet to have everything hooked up but noooo. I swap them out depending in what I am going to fly. I have to physically remove from the desk and hook up the next controller :)I consider it sort of like pulling and airplane out the hanger. Its just something you have to do...Shiner - roger that's where I have everything set also. I took the que from their pedal settings. I still have about 1/4" of pull if I grab the throttle with my mouse. I will recalibrate when I get home. Currently on vacation.. :)

I too have both the Saitek Yoke/throttle quad and the new TPM throttle. Really like the new throttle. I am getting more into GA because of it. Feels solid and smooth. I have both hooked up and use FSUIPC for all my calibrations now. For now, I keep both hooked up but turn down my Throttle quad levers when I fly GA and vice-versa for multi-engine aircraft. I started messing with the FSUIPC Profile maker and hopefully when assigning one throttle it will disable the others but for now this seems to work ok.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Just got my TPM in and WoW it has a nice solid feel and design, with a lil weight to it. Then plungers are really smooth !!

Just wish the switches weren't toggles. Am I correct that only the bottom position registers as a keypress? Just played with FSUIPC and could not get the top position to register on any switch.

Use "New Advanced Command" under the profile editor and you can work the toggle both direction as on an off.

Benjamin Van Eps