Sign in to follow this  
alcav55

things missing

Hi,could anyone tell me why I do not have ADV display in my modules menu,also there appears to be several options missing from the on screen options box eg..there is no option to skip a waypoint and continue to the next,in fact I only have keys 0891&7 operative.According to the pdf manual there should be quite a few options available from the onscreen display box.In addition,I notice that the facility to update on the main config screen is missing.The version number is 4.3.3845.Regards Alan

The manual is a bit behind, even the 4.3 vesion manual you can download from jdtllc.com documentation page.Advdisplay.dll is outdated and no longer used by RC. FSUIPC.dll takes care of the information in it RC window.In the extended menus available (9 by default) you should find a direct-to option where you can page through your waypoints and select your next one to be your target. Note that this change will expect you to navigate from wherever your present position is direct to it, not return to your previous path first. When your done 0 returns to the top menu page.If you have just installed 4.3 update your FSUIPC.dll and makerwys.exe from these links:------------Get the base FSUIPC version from:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmland then interim update from the modules link on this page:http://forum.simflight.com/forum/142-download-links/From that download link page under the Additional Programs link get the latest makerwys.exeFSUIPC now self installs initially based on your registry entry for your FS path. Check that with this free utility:FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool (36KB) from http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryAfter getting FSUIPC installed and then makerwys.exe installed in your FS folder start RC and rebuild the scenery database.If you have both an FSX and FS9 installation two RC4 folders were created. Be sure you have two shortcuts for each RC version to its respective folder for each FS version. (VISTA and Win 7 users will want for each shortcut set its advanced properties to run as admin.) Rebuild from within each RC version the scenery database.

Hi many thanks for your help.I do not have makerways.exe installed.i do have the latest fsuipc for fs9 in xp.I am not seeing any options for choice of waypoint at all,as I said in my post it seems there are quite a few options missing I will certainly try the things you suggest.many thanks ................Alan

I am not seeing any options for choice of waypoint at all,as I said in my post it seems there are quite a few options missing
The option to request a DirectTo waypoint isn't available until you're 40 miles from your departure airport. To access it press 9 and it will be the first option. Options are not missing. It's just that some are not available until certain conditions have been met. The DirectTo is one such option.If you're new to RC it's strongly recommended you fly the tutorials and read the manual. :(

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi,many thanks for that,yes I am reading the manual and doing a tuition flight,though sometimes the manual is not too clear with its explanations :( regards.....Alan

Hi,many thanks for that,yes I am reading the manual and doing a tuition flight,though sometimes the manual is not too clear with its explanations :( regards.....Alan
Hi Alan,Feel free to ask if you don't understand any aspects of the manual. Glad to hear you're flying the tutorials. Time well spent! :(

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

There must be a makerwys.exe in your FS folder in order for RC to build the scenery database. It is executed from within RC by clicking the scenery rebuild button and each time you must provide your path to your FS folder. You'll see a pop-up about makerwys running and you'll need to click OK a few times. You'll see it give an airport and runway count and starting with makerwys.exe version 4.41 the count may go down and then go up as it takes a new scenery priority procedure into account. You probably have it but don't see it in the folder where FS version .exe is located due to your Explorer settings. It also creates each time a file called runways.txt in the FS folder which is a log of what it has done. A data file it creates is called r5.csv which is copied as r4.csv to your RCV4/data folder (not to be opened with Excel by the way) which is runway and runway navaid data and also from where RC computes the airport location as detailed in the pop-ups requiring OKs during the scenery rebuild. This data provides the synchronization between AI and the user aircraft location with the scenery coordinates such as how close you are to the runway when holding for take-off. Get the latest version from the links I provided. You may have to have admin privileges to install it after unzipping it.You probably have an older version in there from the install package but there are important fixes in version 4.41 and later. If it was not there then the r4.csv and a4.csv files would be invalid and RC would not correctly function within the airport area.

Hi many thanks for your help.I do not have makerways.exe installed.i do have the latest fsuipc for fs9 in xp.

Hi Ray and Ronzie,ok I did the tutorial flight and all went well,I am getting all the options now,and I shall d/load the updates you suggest.I am a 74 yo f/simmer and at this age the old grey matter grinds slowly.I enjoy my hobby though :( Thanks again...best wishes Alan

Hi Ray and Ronzie,ok I did the tutorial flight and all went well,I am getting all the options now,and I shall d/load the updates you suggest.I am a 74 yo f/simmer and at this age the old grey matter grinds slowly.I enjoy my hobby though :( Thanks again...best wishes Alan
74? You're just a lad Alan! Once RC user is in his 80s! :( Glad it's all coming together for you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

As highlighted below, some things get loose with much younger folks. (Ray is nowhere near 74.) :)Ron (Age 73).Before it is brought up I no longer fly real world aircraft. That's due to more than age though.

74? You're just a lad Alan! Once RC user is in his 80s! :( Glad it's all coming together for you.

Thanks for the kind words lads...have a nice life and pleasant simming, :( best wishes .... Alan

As highlighted below, some things get loose with much younger folks. (Ray is nowhere near 74.) :)Ron (Age 73).
:( Sometimes my fingers are ahead of my brain.Ray (age 59y 300d). Big%20Grin.gif

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather