Sign in to follow this  
medieval666

My Traffic 2006

Hey Folks,i do use My Traffic 2006 since a couple of months now. Never had any problems with it until now. Here's whats going on: Yesterday i've downloaded Armi Tic VTBS Suvarnabhumi new Bangkok international scenery from simmarket. Since this Airport was never part of FS9, My traffic kinda described how to implement a new airport. VTBS now is shown in the airport list inside my traffic, BUT, the airport keeps to be empty. No traffic at all is coming in or going out. Since the manual of My Traffic about this topic is worth ######, i'm asking anyone out there, could someone give me any idea of how to get AI-Traffic to use VTBS instead of keep flying into VTBD.Any suggestions are welcomed.GreetingsTom

Hey Folks,i do use My Traffic 2006 since a couple of months now. Never had any problems with it until now. Here's whats going on: Yesterday i've downloaded Armi Tic VTBS Suvarnabhumi new Bangkok international scenery from simmarket. Since this Airport was never part of FS9, My traffic kinda described how to implement a new airport. VTBS now is shown in the airport list inside my traffic, BUT, the airport keeps to be empty. No traffic at all is coming in or going out. Since the manual of My Traffic about this topic is worth ######, i'm asking anyone out there, could someone give me any idea of how to get AI-Traffic to use VTBS instead of keep flying into VTBD.Any suggestions are welcomed.GreetingsTom
You "should" be able to decompile the Traffic file in question (using the free Traffic Tools utility).Then add the new airport to the txt file which lists the airports. Then using the search and replace function of Notepad, find and replace all instances of VTBD with VTBS in the flightplan txt file. Then recompile the three txt files into the Traffic file.I have not spelled out the name of the Traffic file as I see that My Traffic provides several. You may have to decompile each until you find which one has the VTBD listings.Hope that makes sense.

<br />You "should" be able to decompile the Traffic file in question (using the free Traffic Tools utility).<br /><br />Then add the new airport to the txt file which lists the airports.<br /> <br />Then using the search and replace function of Notepad, find and replace all instances of VTBD with VTBS in the flightplan txt file.  <br /><br />Then recompile the three txt files into the Traffic file.<br /><br />I have not spelled out the name of the Traffic file as I see that My Traffic provides several.  You may have to decompile each until you find which one has the VTBD listings.<br /><br />Hope that makes sense.<br />
<br /><br /><br />Hi, thanks,yeah, it kinda makes sense. Though i could not tell how to decompile a traffic file. I've used Ultimate Traffic before, which imo was way more easier to work with. So you are saying that VTBD has to be removed from the airport.txt file AND from the flightplan.txt file? Where would i find the flightplan.txt? Another disturbing fact to me is, that i do not know what feature creates what result in the traffic editor because it's not really explained, unfortunatetly. I even changed the Main Hub's from Thailands Main Airlines from VTBD to VTBS, did'nt help though. Still don't know how to change departures and arrivals from VTBD to BS.MT Editor has ultiple options, like edit Aircraft, edit airport, edit airline, schedule myplans, auto schedule and and and. No explanation about anything though as i said.Just don't know

<br /><br /><br />Hi, thanks,yeah, it kinda makes sense. Though i could not tell how to decompile a traffic file. I've used Ultimate Traffic before, which imo was way more easier to work with. So you are saying that VTBD has to be removed from the airport.txt file AND from the flightplan.txt file? Where would i find the flightplan.txt? Another disturbing fact to me is, that i do not know what feature creates what result in the traffic editor because it's not really explained, unfortunatetly. I even changed the Main Hub's from Thailands Main Airlines from VTBD to VTBS, did'nt help though. Still don't know how to change departures and arrivals from VTBD to BS.MT Editor has ultiple options, like edit Aircraft, edit airport, edit airline, schedule myplans, auto schedule and and and. No explanation about anything though as i said.Just don't know
The Traffic Tools utility is very simple to use - install it and then select the Traffic file you wish to decompile.It will break down the Traffic file into it's three basic components - all txt files. One will have data for the aircraft which are used, another will have the airports which are used and the third will have the actual flightplans.You do not need to remove to "old" airport - just add the new one using the same format which the others use.Than as I suggested in my earlier reply, use the Search and Replace function of Notepad to change the two ICAO codes.When you are done with that step then recompile the three files into a Traffic file.The HELP file which comes with Traffic Tools is well written, comprehensive and easy to follow. Read it before doing anything and what I have suggested should be more understandable.

The Traffic Tools utility is very simple to use - install it and then select the Traffic file you wish to decompile.It will break down the Traffic file into it's three basic components - all txt files. One will have data for the aircraft which are used, another will have the airports which are used and the third will have the actual flightplans.You do not need to remove to "old" airport - just add the new one using the same format which the others use.Than as I suggested in my earlier reply, use the Search and Replace function of Notepad to change the two ICAO codes.When you are done with that step then recompile the three files into a Traffic file.The HELP file which comes with Traffic Tools is well written, comprehensive and easy to follow. Read it before doing anything and what I have suggested should be more understandable.
Hi David,after a couple of days i've managed to get it done. But now i do have some problems with the airport scenery itself. When i create a flight starting at VTBS, the landing gear sticks into the ground. After a few meters of taxi this changes to normal. But landings aren't possible, since the plane starts to dissapear into the runway and crashes. Have you ever heard about such a problem before? And is there anything that could be done about this?

Hi David,after a couple of days i've managed to get it done. But now i do have some problems with the airport scenery itself. When i create a flight starting at VTBS, the landing gear sticks into the ground. After a few meters of taxi this changes to normal. But landings aren't possible, since the plane starts to dissapear into the runway and crashes. Have you ever heard about such a problem before? And is there anything that could be done about this?
As VTBS was never included in FS2004, I would have to assume the problem is with the scenery package itself - perhaps a flatten of the airport property is needed - but that is just a hunch. Does the vendor have a support forum for this addition? If so, I sure would start there.

As VTBS was never included in FS2004, I would have to assume the problem is with the scenery package itself - perhaps a flatten of the airport property is needed - but that is just a hunch. Does the vendor have a support forum for this addition? If so, I sure would start there.
Hello again David,yeah, in fact they do have an email adress i have already mailed them, but not really to my surprise they did'nt get in touch with me. Anyway, thanks for your hunch on that, it indeed had something to do with flatten. I've googled a little bit and found something after a few hours, just had to put some line at the end of the scenery.cfg and now it works just fine. I think this airport could become my new "Homebase":( Thank you for your support and helpful hints David, i do appreciate it.See ya aroundKind regardsTomand always happy landings!!!:(

The product was abandoned to freeware with no support about 4 or 5 months ago, there is an announcement about it on the support forum.

Cheers, Andy.

The product was abandoned to freeware with no support about 4 or 5 months ago, there is an announcement about it on the support forum.
Possibly you mis-read the thread - we were speaking of support for the airport package - not for My Traffic 2006.

Indeed I did sorry about that, I thought you were talking about the airport that came with MTX2006.

Cheers, Andy.

i'm curious if you have tried using taxiway E1 on this scenery (taxiway to get to runway 19R). there is something invisible there that crashes the user plane.