Sign in to follow this  
Guest BRISTOL86

Taking hobby to next level

Guest BRISTOL86

Hi AllLike many people who haven't been simming all that long, I've been content for a while to just do what I do, which is create a flightplan in FS9, have ATC direct me on heading and altitude, before doing an ILS approach at my destination.Until recently this has served me very well. I know what I'm doing and complete each flight without any hiccups.BUT I'm looking to take it to the next level now in terms of realism, and that involves getting to know the FMC. I have looked at videos on YouTube, read documentation, but am still a bit confused.Basically, all I want to do is be able to enter a flightplan into the FMC, and have the aircraft follow the prescribed flightplan with speeds/altitudes etc.I know you can make flightplans in third party programs, and bring into the FMC, for example the PMDG 737, this is where I plan on beginning to learn the FMC.How do I learn how to use this? I'm sure my requirement is a very basic one in terms of what the FMC is capable of doing, I just don't have the foggiest idea on where to start! :Thinking:Any help gratefully appreciatedMartin

Martin,I went through this exact same experience a few months ago, so I can give you some advice you may find useful. First thing is to get the PMDG 737NG tutorial by Timothy Metzinger and fly all the tutorial flights. In just a few days, the FMC won't hold any more mysteries (well... still a few to keep things challenging but you will master the basics).Do a Google search and you'll find a site to download the tutorial. If not, PM me.Enjoy!Phil

Looking at some of your add on aircraft, I recommend you take a look at TOPCAT http://www.topcatsim.com/

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest BRISTOL86

Thanks all! :biggrin:Martin