Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rhodges

Long bootup time:

Don't know if this is the right forum to make this post, but my problem really is not hardware (I think), and I do not see a specific forum for software or the like.I am running two computers (specs. below) implementing FSC80, PFE/Proflight2000, FSM, ASE, and FDC on the secondary computer through either wideclient for FS9, and/or SimConnect for FSX.No problem on my primary computer (Win XP Pro 64bit).Ignoring FlightSim (not having run related programs) for all other programs like MSOffice, and several resource programs there is no problem on the secondary computer and bootup time is less than a minute for a restart, and only a few seconds after the welcome screen displays (Win XP Pro 32bit ).However after implementing my FlightSim related programs and flying in FS9 and/or FSX, if I restart my secondary computer everything looks normal until the welcome screen is displayed. It then takes about six minutes before the bootup is complete.I have thus far not been able to isolate the culprit. This really is not a biggie as I normally leave everything running 24/7 and once the bootup is complete everything seems to be normal for the long haul. I am curious if anyone else has seen this happen though and might know the culprit and/or solution.Primary Computer Specs as follow:ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel ATX MotherboardIntel Core i7-975 Extreme Quad Core CPUScythe SY124010L CPU Fan6GB (3x2GB) 240 Pin DDR3 1600 OCZ3P1600LV6GK MemoryWinXP Pro 64 BitEVGA 01G-P3-1180-AR GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512 bigt DDR3 Video Graphics Card23" HPw2338h Primary Monitor21” Viewsonic Pro Series P815 Secondary MonitorNvidia version 266.58 drivers for GTX 285 Video Card1 Western Digital Velco/Raptor WD3000HLFS 300 GB 10000RPM WATA 3 GB System Harddrive1 Western Digital Velco/Raptor WD3000HLFS 300 GB 10000RPM WATA 3 GB FSX Harddrive1 each Segate 320GB SATA FS9 Harddrive1 each Segate 320GB SATA Backup / Utility HarddriveStd. Floppy Drive2 Each CDRW/DVDRWPlusDeck 2C Audio Tape Player/RecorderKonica Minolta magicolor 2400W Laser PrinterCH Pro USB PedalsCH USB FlightSim YokeMicrosoft FFB2 USB JoystickLogitech Keyless KeyboardLogitech cordless mouseHigh Speed Cable Internet/email Service with RouterCorsair HX1000W Modular 1000 Watt Power SupplySuperPower ATX Full Tower Case with sides Customized for more ventilationNote: Keyboard and Mouse are shared with a secondary Core 2 Duo Computer for WinXP Pro 32 bit programs, WideFS6 (FS9) and Wide FS7 (FSX). Implementation is by Synergy Free Software.Note: CPU Overclocked to 4.0. GPU is not overclockedSecondary Computer Specs. follow:ASUS P5N-SLI MotherboardIntel E6600 Core2 Duo CPUZalman CNPS7700-CU RT CPU Fan4 GB KST DII800 MemoryWinXP Pro 32 BitNVIDIA Evga Geforce 8400GS 512MB DDR PCI Express x16 Video Card21” Viewsonic Pro Series P815 Primary MonitorNavidia version 182.50 drivers for Video Card1 each Segate 250GB UIDE Harddrive1 Each Segate 80GB SATA Harddrive1 each Maxtar 40GB UIDE Harddrive Std. Floppy DriveCDRW/DVDRWWINTVHP 4315v Printer/Fax/Scanner/CopierEpson Perfection 2480 Photo ScannerMicroTech Z!O! Flash Card ReaderAudigy 2 ZS Platinum Sound to Creative Inspire 5.1 5200 SpeakersBFGR 1000 Watt Power SupplyNote: Keyboard and Mouse are shared with a primary i7-975 Computer for WinXP Pro 64 bit programs, WideFS6 (FS9) and Wide FS7 (FSX). Implementation is by Synergy Free Software.

I know if the Windows partition doesn't get defragged in ages the boot times can go up quickly; so if you haven't done a defrag in awhile I'd suggest you do so with a 3rd party defragger like O&O for example. Also I know if the MFT (Master FIle Table) doesn't defragged boot times can suffer as well; the only defraggers I'm aware of that defrag the MFT are O&O during a boot time defrag, and Smart Defrag by Iobit (also during a boot time defrag.)You say after the login it takes forever (6 minutes) to load your user account? If that's the case: check and trim the start up programs list and trim unnecessary services as well (if you haven' done that.)