Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

How to replace the GNS-430 with the GNS-530

How can one replace the GNS-430 ( standard in my Bonanza ) with the GNS-530 ?I understand that some modifications have to be made in the config file.Is this asimple procedure and if so,how is it done ?I appreciate any help.Hubert WerniNB: My operating system is Windows XP and I use Flight Simulator Deluxe Edition.

Herbert Werni

How can one replace the GNS-430 ( standard in my Bonanza ) with the GNS-530 ?I understand that some modifications have to be made in the config file.Is this asimple procedure and if so,how is it done ?I appreciate any help.Hubert WerniNB: My operating system is Windows XP and I use Flight Simulator Deluxe Edition.
You'll have to make some compromises for this to work...First of all, you cannot change the size of the gauge in the Virtual Cockpit (VC).So, first decision is whether you would rather look at the GNS 530 scrunched up intohalf it's height, or look at the Carenado 430. I would suggest the latter.Next step is to make sure that the GNS530 pops up when you click on the panel gauge.In other words, you will be using the GNS in it's popup mode.Try this:Change Window01 to://--------------------------------------------------------[Window01]position=8window_size=0.297619,0.342857visible=0ident=794gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,0,0,100,100 and add a rxpgns.ini file to the Bonanza aircraft folderwith this content:[GNS530]Popup=794AutoPilotMode=2Radios=1LinkCdiKey=OnAutoApproach=OffLinkToVor=OnLcdStyle=OnAutoWidth=500AutoHeight=360Trainer=NoKeyClick=OffGndSpdFromDeltaLatLon=Off[GTX327]VFRCode=1200[sETTINGS]Dimmer=OffSimpleMouse=OffSince the Carenado GNS is programmed to popup the window with ident=794and the ini file tells the GNS to close the same window, this will give youa working solution.

Bert

You'll have to make some compromises for this to work...First of all, you cannot change the size of the gauge in the Virtual Cockpit (VC).So, first decision is whether you would rather look at the GNS 530 scrunched up intohalf it's height, or look at the Carenado 430. I would suggest the latter.Next step is to make sure that the GNS530 pops up when you click on the panel gauge.In other words, you will be using the GNS in it's popup mode.Try this:Change Window01 to://--------------------------------------------------------[Window01]position=8window_size=0.297619,0.342857visible=0ident=794gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,0,0,100,100 and add a rxpgns.ini file to the Bonanza aircraft folderwith this content:[GNS530]Popup=794AutoPilotMode=2Radios=1LinkCdiKey=OnAutoApproach=OffLinkToVor=OnLcdStyle=OnAutoWidth=500AutoHeight=360Trainer=NoKeyClick=OffGndSpdFromDeltaLatLon=Off[GTX327]VFRCode=1200[sETTINGS]Dimmer=OffSimpleMouse=OffSince the Carenado GNS is programmed to popup the window with ident=794and the ini file tells the GNS to close the same window, this will give youa working solution.
Thanks for your information.I find the GNS-430 almost to small to properly read and program.Therefore I wish to make the GNS-530 window much largerand I don't mind to use a pop up version,provided it can be done with a mouse click.The way it i now I have touse Shift plus 2 which is somehow complicated when flying.

Herbert Werni

Thanks for your information.I find the GNS-430 almost to small to properly read and program.Therefore I wish to make the GNS-530 window much largerand I don't mind to use a pop up version,provided it can be done with a mouse click.The way it i now I have touse Shift plus 2 which is somehow complicated when flying.
OK.. try my suggestion and let me know if any problems!

Bert

OK.. try my suggestion and let me know if any problems!
It works great.Thanks a lot

Herbert Werni

It works great.Thanks a lot
Bert, I now have the RXP GNS530 pop-up working fine in the Bonanza. For the sake of symmetry, could the RXP GNS530 fit the VC stack actual size (i.e. w/out scrunching) if you remove one of the two transponders? Your advice? If favourable, could you help again with cfg entries? Many thanks,Gareth

Bert, I now have the RXP GNS530 pop-up working fine in the Bonanza. For the sake of symmetry, could the RXP GNS530 fit the VC stack actual size (i.e. w/out scrunching) if you remove one of the two transponders? Your advice? If favourable, could you help again with cfg entries? Many thanks,Gareth
Sorry Gareth, as I said above.. the slots are a definite size - only Carenado can change that.

Bert